News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering column of doom!

Started by Dodge69_440, November 23, 2007, 05:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge69_440

Ok so my shifter pin fell out shortly followed by my shifter.  Now my car won't shift into park.  I've got the steering wheel and blinker unit out and now I'm stuck.  How do I get the piece with the P R N D on top out?  It's held in by some sort of rubber grommet.  Anyone done this before on a 69?  Thanks.

Dodge69_440

Ok i pushed back the rubber and took of the snap ring, now what?  I thought it would come of, there is some bearing that won't budge.

Dodge69_440

That stupid upper bearing is the only thing holding the housing in place and it won't move.  I can't fit a puller in there and there is nothing else holding it in.  Do I have to remove the lower snap ring on a 69? If so it's impossible.  I'm over it.

Ghoste

I think you do.  I'm not certain, but it seems to my foggy memory that it won't come apart further until that lower bearing is dealt with too.