News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mirror remote control

Started by BronzeOnSteelies, June 14, 2007, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BronzeOnSteelies

I am putting my interior back in my 68 after a lot of Mopaint Pearl White being applied.

When I took off the driver's upper door panel the remote control for the mirror was just hanging inside the car. I unscrewed the large threaded ring on the interior side of the door panel to get the panel off the car.

What goes on the inside face of the upper door panel to hold the control tight in place? Where can they be had.

68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

Ghoste

I'm not sure that there's anything holding it tight but the pressure of the control screwing into that bezel/nut affair on the outside of the inner panel?  Was there a square metal piece on the inside of the panel for the control head to pass through?

hutch

its a flat horse shoe type pin (if thats what its called)  it has a slight bow to it for tention as you turn the nut on your door panel, and a tooth in the center of it that keeps it from turning in the threads of the control nut over time. (the control nut is that big chrome ring part on your door panel).

see that little dark flat thing under the remote joy stick to the right.

http://www.familyparts.com has the full deal for sale.  You can find them in ok shape on ebay once in a while for a few bucks.  Or hit a junk yard. its a standard part for most mopar cars form late 60's to early 70's, just  the shape of the mirror is diff, round vs oval.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

41husk

Try R/T specialties, I know they sell the mirror and they are good for finding the little pieces and fastners.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger-Bodie

here is what the piece is supposed to look like.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Yeah, that's the thing I meant!

resq302

Is that metal clip supposed to go behind the door pad or behind the metal door frame?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: resq302 on June 16, 2007, 12:18:26 AM
Is that metal clip supposed to go behind the door pad or behind the metal door frame?

it only goes behind the pad otherwise you will play hell to get the nut started!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

BronzeOnSteelies

Thanks guys that answers what I needed to know       :thumbup:

I am missing that part and it is not in the bottom of the door I looked.

Mark

BronzeOnSteelies

I finallly found one of these clips.

Going to put it on now.

:2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BronzeOnSteelies on December 01, 2007, 02:22:30 PM

I finallly found one of these clips.

Going to put it on now.

:2thumbs:

good deal!! :2thumbs: