News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

question about the ps3

Started by miller, November 13, 2007, 03:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

for all of those who have bought ps3s how do you like them, also anyone who has purchased an 80g or 40g, what games do and do not play on them (i know they took out the playback hardware so some will not work) thanks

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Ponch ®

Quote from: miller on November 13, 2007, 03:26:47 PM
for all of those who have bought ps3s how do you like them, also anyone who has purchased an 80g or 40g, what games do and do not play on them (i know they took out the playback hardware so some will not work) thanks

I don't have one, but I've been looking into it. My understanding is that the 80 and 40 gb consoles will play PS1 and PS2 games. However, the 30gb version that just came out is not backward compatible with PS2 or PS1 games.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bordin34

I have the 80gb it plays every PS1 and PS2 game that I have. The system is amazing and powerful, it will store songs and browse the internet. Although the system is powerful, no game has come out yet that will let it show it's potential. If you get one, borrow a memory card reader from a friend and put everything on the PS3 i isn't worth buying the card reader. The games for the system are OK. I only have MLB 07, The Godfather sucks terrible graphics OK gameplay, Call of Duty 3 great game, and Tony Hawk Project 8 good game.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

SnoPro440

I have one and I like it.  I play the shooters like Rainbow 6 Vegas, C.O.D Modern Warfare, FEAR and Resistance Fall of Man.  I have it hooked up to my 55" but it's an older one that will only support 480p and 1080i.  If you have a TV that supports 720p or 1080p, you will like this system.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

miller

i dont really know what my tv is.... here is a link to the website

it says its compatable with 480, 720, and 1080 but i cant find where it says what the tv actually is, help please?

http://www.maginnovision.com/Products/Product.aspx?sn=467&pi=2814#kf

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

69bananabeast

have a 80 g   launch model  on  56''.   even though you might not now what your TV  is 720 P  1081 i  I would reccomend purchasing the Hd/mi  cables  my picture jumped up to 1080p  and it looks awesome. 

Call of Duty 3  -   was alright / mediocre   beat it in a week and a half

Resistance : Fall of  Man  -   Excellent FPS   it will be a Trilogy   should be the "Halo of PS3"          I play it at least 3 hours a day on line Excellent on line gaming  , very helpful  have created 6 patches to make the game fair since on line launch . Have also added 2 extra map packs for purchase. 

Awards

* Received IGN awards for:
          o PlayStation 3 Game of the Year 2006
          o Best First-Person Shooter on PlayStation 3 of 2006
          o Best Graphics Technology on PlayStation 3 in 2006
          o Best Original Score on PlayStation 3 in 2006
          o Best Use of Sound on PlayStation 3 in 2006
          o Best Online Multiplayer on PlayStation 3 in 2006
          o Most Innovative Design on PlayStation 3 in 2006
    * GameSpot's Best and Worst of 2006 - Winner of Best PlayStation 3 game
    * Gaming Target - 52 Games We'll Still Be Playing From 2006 selection [2].
    * Game Informer's Game of the month award (Tie) and top 50 games of 2006

Lair -  another mediocre game  where you can fight on a dragon whether in the air or on the ground.  the six axis  or "wireless controller"  was somewhat sluggish sine the developers are not that familiar with the new technology yet.

Warhawk _ some people like it, I didn't  . The controls didn't seem that great and when you play as an infantry soldier it didn't have the smooth feel like a FPS , more like robotic movement.

FEAR - was alright  didn't play that much (rental)

Call of Duty 4 - have not played but I'm sure it's damn good

Jericho -  will come out soon looks pretty good

Heavenly sword-  head was pretty good

Assassins Creed-  comes out tom.  (have reserved)  Looks  really good.     Xbox  demo below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM

Also if you have PS3 on line capability  you can download updates  as well as playable demos 
On line  play is free unlike  Xbox Live
Another thing  I've noticed about on line play  in FPS  is that people from Japan  and some Europeans tend to lag
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

ryan053

ive got one and like it alot.  We also have an xbox 360 here and its cool too.  Ive got madden 08 for the ps3 and its awesome.  Call of duty 4 is real fun,  fall resistence of man is a fun one also.  The low number of games kind of sucks but hopefuly they will start cranking some out.

SnoPro440

Quote from: miller on November 13, 2007, 10:41:34 PM
i dont really know what my tv is.... here is a link to the website

it says its compatable with 480, 720, and 1080 but i cant find where it says what the tv actually is, help please?

http://www.maginnovision.com/Products/Product.aspx?sn=467&pi=2814#kf

Your TV has one HDMI input.  That will support 1080p.  You will be amazed at how good it looks.  You will need to buy the HDMI cable because you will not get one with the system when you buy it.  Here is a link to a site that sells the cables cheap.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU