News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How did you restore your clutch fan?

Started by B5 Charger, March 24, 2008, 11:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5 Charger

I have been looking into restoring my fan which is an A/C clutch fan.  It looks like there is a mounting flange pressed onto the cltch that would prevent it from being removed from the fan blade.  Anyone tackled this project or have any suggestions as to how to proceed?   :-\

Big Lebowski

Why, new ones are at napa. Anyway, there's a fluid inside there that's sealed up. New fan clutch's should be stored up, so basically if the fluid gets out, the fan clutch is Hasta la vista baby.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

B5 Charger

OK well mine was so grease encrusted I didn't realize the fan unbolts and comes right off the clutch.  It looks like I have one of the standard clutch's rather than the thermostatic one.  When you say it should be stored up do you mean with the shaft up?

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."