News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 factory Clock

Started by Daytona Guy, October 30, 2007, 11:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I have a clock out of a 70 dash and the factory clock works. Is this common? They run as a wind-up clock and every 2 minutes it reloads itself (mechanism) and keeps on ticking.

Ghoste

Is it common?  No, not after nearly 40 years.  Most of them had the little contact points weld together at some time because the the plates that the pivot/center shaft thing (that's a technical term) go through have worn holes in them.

Daytona Guy

Inside this clock looks like new.

Ghoste

Then consider yourself lucky if you intend to use it.  If you are putting the rallye clock/tach in your car, you can sell that one to someone doing a numbers resto or change it into a cool bench clock.  A lot of them are worn out mechanically by now.

dkn1997

go to www.clocksandgauges.com and get the quartz kit. yours may work now and I realize it looks new and all,but you cannot beat the quartz for reliability and accuracy, If you want a functional clock, it's just too easy to convert to quartz.  best 53 bucks you will ever spend. I've done 2 of them and it is very easy. 
RECHRGED

Ghoste

Then again, there is something to be said for the sound of the old clock ticking and resetting itself. :icon_smile_big: