News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pics of old race car transport trucks.

Started by C_stripes, October 28, 2007, 09:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Looking for pics of old transport trucks from racers such as, Dick Landy, S&M, The Ramchargers, Petty and others.  If you have any. Please Post them.

Thanks,  Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Ghoste

If you're talking old like in the 60's, I don't think any of those guys used much in the way of transports back then.  A lot of flat towing and the occasional flat bed sort of rig if you had a lot of money.

C_stripes

like this

Really?

Bob Kropp of ACME fame has one-he is still trying to figure out which team used it. It has been repainted/primed on the exterior, but on the passenger door jamb it has the Sox & Martin blue with an E-town 1971 or '72 Nationals winner sticker on it. If anybody knows or could help, buzz him @(360)652-0134. It is a cool old Dodge flatbed.

C_stripes

Here are some more

chargerrt

It would be so cool to have one of those trucks to carry a car around in :yesnod:

moparstuart

what is that strange roof air unit on the truck cab of the K&K machine ?  truck didnt have air  ? so added roof unit  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

John_Kunkel

Roof A/C units are fairly common on older trucks that didn't have in-dash A/C, Thermo-King is one of the popular brands. The compressor and condensor are still mounted in the engine compartment, only the evaporator and fan are roof mounted.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE