News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen this on the SRT Caliber?

Started by sixpack70, February 18, 2006, 08:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack70

Here is the link.

http://www.dodge.com/caliber/caliber_srt4.html

They say it will have 300hp and 264lb ft of torque. It will probably give the new mustang a run for its money. I bet it smokes the new charger too.  DCX is coming our with a performance vehicle for almost every segement possible.
Ford on the other hand decided to kill off the affordable cobra, (GT-500 will be way over priced from markup, and a fat pig at that), the lightning, the focus (needed a turbo or SC anyway) and axed the Adrenaline before it even got off the ground. SRT is on the up and up as a inhouse tuner shop. Other brands are lagging behind.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

greenpigs

Well now it is 285 hp and the torque is about the same as before but they list it for just under 23K. They have the weight at about 3000 lbs..thats 10.52 lbs\hp so the thing should move. Only thing it needed to get me to trade the truck in is AWD and if the OT keeps up I just may buy one the way it is.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

andy74

i have one on order for the store,nice ride i hope-it will be about 23 grand,and should be a quick little bastard!

Troy

But could they make it look better? I really don't care how fast or affordable it is.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

i agree with troy it looks like a postal vehicle, and it's front wheel drive... C/D tested it last Month..

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/14133/full-test-2008-dodge-caliber-srt4.html

SRT-440

I have a 2004 SRT4 (neon based) and it weights in around 2800-2900lbs and it ran 13.8 stock. I'm not a big fan of the new boxy wagon look it has, but it should prove to be a fun and quick ride. SRT8 Charger/Magnum/Cherokee will eat it's lunch tho fo sho..the Challenger will be the one to raise the bar for affordable performance..I can't wait!  :popcrn:

btw, srtforums.com has tons of info on the new SRT's and forums dedicated to each model.  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)