News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Neutral safety switch question

Started by astat1, October 18, 2007, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astat1

Greetings all. My 70 Coronet (auto) always had an issue with the NSS (I think thats what is was). I often had to put the car in neutral to start. Now out of the blue it won't start even in neutral. Could that still be the NSS or do I need to look elswhere? Battery fully charged, all lights working (incl dash).  Thanks

Ghoste

Is the transmission linkage all tight and aligned properly?  Another thing to check would be to just make sure the connector is tight on the switch.  It seems to come loose on my car at the most inopportune moments.

Charger74

Quote from: Ghoste on October 18, 2007, 06:43:05 PM
Is the transmission linkage all tight and aligned properly?  Another thing to check would be to just make sure the connector is tight on the switch.  It seems to come loose on my car at the most inopportune moments.

Gee you too huh?   :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Nothing more embarassing than jumping in your cool old musclecar in a public place only to have it not start in front of onlookers.  Then you crawl underneath for a little added enjoyment.

Hemidog

Quote from: Charger74 on October 19, 2007, 08:52:53 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on October 18, 2007, 06:43:05 PM

Gee you too huh?   :icon_smile_big:
mee too! just grounded the starter relay, now it starts in every position  ;)
Sure beats being stranded on a stop light, and having to jump underneath the car.

Nacho-RT74

harness wire can get broken EASILY at NSSplug because exhaust heat... If linkage is good and NSS too you can have broken wires ( Brown traced yellow ). Check if you have back up lamps too
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html