News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shelby Is Having A Bad Day

Started by 71ChallengeHer, February 23, 2008, 09:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Some douchbag hit and ran her Daytona. Poor kid. :pity: She was saving money to paint it like in the photoshop thread. Now she has to have the fender and bumper repainted.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

THE CHARGER PUNK

Damn :brickwall: sucks 2 hear that shelby-MATT

Lowprofile

People suck! :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you guys have good luck finding parts to fix it. Don't be too bummed out, it could have been totaled!

Can't wait to see the "newer" paint job! Good luck with it!! :2thumbs:

Chuck
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

70charginglizard

I'm just glad to hear that she didn't get hurt.
Parent worse nightmare.
cars and parts can be replaced. Your children can not.
70charginglizard

resq302

If it is any consolation, maybe she can have it all painted at once and get it done right.  It sucks that there are dishonest people out there and that they didn't even leave a note.  Like was said earlier, it could have been a lot worse.  The car could have either been totaled or not driveable at all.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71ChallengeHer

Thanks, guys. It was parked. It looks like someone backed into it. Yes, I'm glad she wasn't hurt.

69bronzeT5

That SUCKS!!! Go find him and make him pay! :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

That realllly sucks.. We know the feeling well. My daughter had been creamed by a Range Rover in her Final 500 Olds. We decided to repair it. This meant cutting the car in half and using the rear end of another car. Huge job. 9 weeks in the collision shop and a nice new paint job later she is a happy camper again. Then a week later she gets a flat tire and calls me. I, like any other good Dad, go to change the tire. While spinning the jack handle I look up to see that someone had side swiped her passenger side rear quarter from the wheel opening to the bumper.  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: No note. No nothing.. She thinks it was a kid from school because he no longer drives his red-neck truck to school anymore. When she described his front bumper to me I knew it was. A pipe bumper is just exactly what did it.. 
The only good thing that came from it is that the parking space next to her at school is always empty now as they have designated parking spaces.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

doctorpimp

Oh, I thought at first you were talking about Carroll Shelby. Thought he had another heart attack or something...

Who is Shelby? 
Ouch, was it a Hemi car?
Who in the hell would hit and run a $100,000 car???? 
Just afraid of the insurance company I guess...
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

69bronzeT5

Shelby is Jackie's (71challengerher) daughter. She put alot of work into re-doing her 80's Dodge Daytona. She just got it done a while ago and somebody smucked it.

This should fill you in:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,28843.0.html
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

doctorpimp

Oh thanks.

Like I said, I only read it 'cause I thought it was old Carroll...

Hope she's OK :)
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

TUFCAT

That's especially sad to hear because she's such a nice girl with a good heart :angel:.  I also know you guys had so much trouble with that idiot painter. I hope you got some extra paint for the car, or the exact formula. Best wishes for a speedy recovery on the Daytona!  :engel016:

nh_mopar_fan

Jackie,

That sux. Tell her to hang in there.

mikesbbody

that sucks and he (assuming it was a guy) didnt have the balls to leave a note  :brickwall: after all that happened with the work done now this...just not fair but as mentioned at least she wasnt hurt.

71ChallengeHer

Thanks, I'll tell Shelby to keep her chin up. I hope to get it in for an estimate this week. It was a white car that hit it. I can see the white paint on her bumper. It had to be a small car . If it was something bigger , it would have knocked her headlights out. I sure hope they can match the paint. :rotz: 

TripleBlackGator

Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

mopar-or-no-car

WOW jackie! sorry to hear about shelby's car! sure sucks to wait for you car to finally be finished and then have some JERK nail you and so close to Carlisle too! and with that custom paint job it just might be a little difficult to match  :o I've been there some jerk in the parking lot of where I worked side swiped my chally but at least he left a note  but all the bodyshops said they probably wouldn't be able to match the custom paint! and it was just a black car with blue pearl !! so good luck and tell shelby to keep her chin up and it definately could have been worse!!   :pity:  GOOD LUCK!!
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

Charger_Fan

Man, that sucks. At least the car's the one wearing the boo-boo's instead of Shelby, much easier to fix & less painful.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: mopar-or-no-car on February 27, 2008, 03:29:19 PM
WOW jackie! sorry to hear about shelby's car! sure sucks to wait for you car to finally be finished and then have some JERK nail you and so close to Carlisle too! and with that custom paint job it just might be a little difficult to match  :o I've been there some jerk in the parking lot of where I worked side swiped my chally but at least he left a note  but all the bodyshops said they probably wouldn't be able to match the custom paint! and it was just a black car with blue pearl !! so good luck and tell shelby to keep her chin up and it definately could have been worse!!   :pity:  GOOD LUCK!!
Hey girl. Good to hear from you. The body shop said it's gonna be tough to match the paint. And the fender and front will have the best paint on the car.   :rotz:  So we are waiting a little , so we can save up enough to paint the hood and spoiler while they have it. I'll give you a call this weekend. :cheers:

Alaskan_TA

That really sucks, the car looked terrific. It has happened to me a few times, the last time was a 1970 Barracuda. Hit & run right in front of my place, no note, nothing. I had to have the enire quarter panel redone. My Challenger got hit at the same place, but the young lady owned up to it.

I have moved since.  :yesnod:

My dad had a saying;

"Nothing is harder on a kid than a new paint job".

It took me a while to figure out what he meant.  :scratchchin:

Barry