News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Timing chain or gears

Started by mally69, October 28, 2007, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Which would you guys prefer timing gears or chain?
And is anyone running 440source's timg gears set? 

Winged 1

;)
Any one else can chime in, but I am being told that the gears create alot of noise. I too am in process of rebuilding and am going with the chain..
Best of luck.
Eric

mally69

I know they have both quiet and noisey

Hot_Rodder

There are two gear drive types, you got a "quiet style" and a "noisy style."
The quiet type is pretty much that...... The noisy style is supposed to sound like you got a super charger or something like that under the hood. I myself am planning on going with a timing chain, in this case, something like this:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2DG6606%2DB&autoview=sku
I ran one similar to this, but the only diff was that the other one I had was a one bolt, the car I now have will have a three bolt cam, so..... It seems like a nice setup, and all that sort of jazz, so if someone has anything to say about this timing chain set up, please speak up, I'd like to hear if anyone has had any problems, or even ran it. The car that I put the one bolt set on I sold a little while back, and last I heard, the car is still running very strong.

mally69

A local guy told me that you can't run high rpm with a gear drive,  i kinda thought that was  :icon_bs: bs  but i didnt say anyting to him.

:bump:

tecmopar

The gears will run high RPM but really any GOOD brand of a True Roller Chain will be fine and probably cost less, good luck.

firefighter3931

Go with a COMP cams chain.....very durable and they won't stretch.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs