News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Removing the Steering Column

Started by zerfetzen, October 04, 2007, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerfetzen

I did a search and didn't see anything recently on this explicitly.  I've undone all the bolts to the steering wheel in the cabin, and it flops around freely.  I tugged on it, and was able to pull it about an inch from the steering gear box.  A buddy of mine said I should probably have to use a punch to drive out a pin where the column connects to the gearbox.  My question is, where is the pin?

As you can see I still have the motor up there, so I can't get in the cage and look it over with luxury.  Is it on the column shaft itself?  I see a small hole there, but I'm guessing that's not it.  Or is it on the bendable joint (whatever that's called) that goes into the box?  It looks like it's turned so you can see a round something, but am not sure if that's the hole or not?

I'm sure it's pretty simple, sorry to have to ask, I've never done that before.  Cheers.
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

RD

here, its covered in grease
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

zerfetzen

keepat

The roll pin is in the in the middle of your picture, its filled with dirt. Looked like mine when I pulled it off for the 1st time after 38years! Now you can see it.
Pat

zerfetzen