News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help in Alabama

Started by calchargerRT, September 23, 2005, 11:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calchargerRT

Guys I need help! I know it is not a Charger ( I own a 70 Charger RT and have been member of the previous charger site and this new one)but I just won a 1969 Coronet RT, numbers matching 440, on ebay for $4,000. It was steal but i saw it last minute and put the first bid and it held up. The car is totally unmolested original, has lots of parts for resto, mostly apart  and bagged and tagged. The problem is I am in California and the car is in Huntsville, Alabama! I don't know if this seller will assist at all with the shipping, loading parts in car etc. The car is on casters, the rear end is even out (has been rebuilt and restored). I know the guys on this site are awesome at helping each other, if anyone is in that area let me know. Neil P (moderator) from Canada knows me (from online). Thanks,

ian

ebay item #:   Item number: 4576186830 check it out, anyone know about the car?

Troy

I don't know the car (and I'm not in the area) but that thing will be a pain to ship to California. Notice that it's missing the driver's inner fender? I don't know if you can load all the parts in the car for shipping so be prepared to spend lots of $$$. Looks like it has lots of cool parts and I really like those cars. I may get one some day if I can get rid of some Chargers (and stop buying more).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

calchargerRT

Thanks troy yeah the entire front suspension is off the car, even the rear end is out. I figure the tic toc tach, console, and 69 HP engine are worth the price. Of course I want to restore it like new and save another beautiful Mopar from the junk yard. My first car ever owned was a 1970 Coronet RT, 440-6 pack, dana, 4-speed car ( I was 15 years old when I bought it!). Hey when the Mopar is in your blood sometimes you can't help yourself, I'll make it work!

Ian

68ChargerJMP

Charger4404spd

Looks like you got a good deal. Except for the shipping part. I'd say you could go get it yourself ALOT cheaper than you could ship all the loose parts, not to mention the body.

PlumBad70

Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice ride!   :cheers: .......anyone notice the tag?

A VO2 coded car would have different colors for the roof & body.

The tag has the VO2 two-tone paint treatment code but has F8 as the color for the body and roof
It should be for example F8 W1 or T5 T3 etc.......

Factory screw up???

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Afflyer

Ian, you've got yourself one helluva great find!  If I were you, I'd make the effort to get a big flatbed truck and drive to Huntsville to get her.  Better yet- find a good flat trailer and pull her home. 

Thanks for saving another beautiful MoPar from the elements.

Best of luck in your resto- please keep all of us here informed of your progress.

:icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Judhudson

I'm from Huntsville too... Yeah, shipping is gonna cost you (maybe 1000 - 2000).  I'm not sure on this, but does UHaul do cars?  You may want to check on that.  But yeah, flatbed truck may be the way you will have to go...

Daytona R/T SE

I'd rent a big U-haul or Ryder truck and start packin'  :yesnod: Fly out, get the truck at the rental place, pack the body and the parts up ,head for home....'course I'm not very optimistic at the possibilities of actually getting your hands on a rental truck anywhere near the gulf coast right now... ::)

calchargerRT

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on September 24, 2005, 07:22:21 PM
I live in Huntsville.

Can I give you a call? What is your phone #?

ian

BigBlockSam

Quote        Hey when the Mopar is in your blood sometimes you can't help yourself, I'll make it work!

:iagree:
Damm straight my friend, ya can't control it
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69charger2002

yep, i almost bid on that car myself.. i saw all the goodies.. but i couldn't make myself seeing how hard that car will be to load up.. what a drag.. if it were a roller, i would have bid.. and i'm only in louisiana. california is gonna suck.. you got a great deal though, good luck with it!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

calchargerRT

Guys thanks for all the replies, makes me feel a lot better like I can pull this off! I tried to reply to all personally. At this point I think my best option is fly in and find (if possible ) a rental truck, load up all parts inside and get a trailer out back for the shell and drive her back. Problems coul dbe finding a rental truck and prices of gas, airline tickets, and getting a truck. If any one has other thoughts or otpions (like someone close wanting to bring it all to me and have a little vacation in Souther California!) I would like to discuss price. Thanks to all. I have been a member of the former charger site and now this one, I have a 1970 Charger RT, original EV2 hemi orange, black rear stripe and black interior, realized I have not posted pictures, was trying earlier but even with one photo is said too big. Bought my Charger 3 years ago got ripped off by a so called Mopar guy from canada, Neil P. helped me immensely and now I have it looking good and running good, it is a real pleasure to drive. Looking back it is better the car was not what was represented as I got to learn so much about these cars and do things myself and mow I have a much better feeling of accomplishment and "bond" with the car (sounds like a relationship heh?). Thanks again to all,

Ian in SoCal

Charger_Fan

I remember your screen name from the old site & some of your Charger story.

#1) Welcome to this site!
#2) Good luck with your newest (hopefully) Mopar purchase! It sounds like this car may have found an owner worthy of owning it. :2thumbs:

Oh & don't forget to update us if this deal goes though. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

68ChargerJMP

Hey cal, what are u needing to know?

calchargerRT

Hey guys thanks for all the advice and replies on this one. I am really torn because I really want to get this car and restore it wiith my 7 year old son. I showed him the pictures and told him "it will be a lot of work", and in a split second he said real matter of fact "we can do it" and walked away! It was a classic! Neverless this getting it out to California issue might be tough. If I can't find  way to do it economical would anyone on this forum know anyone that might want to take over the deal for $4,000 and go get it in Huntsville (the seller said it would be OK with him). I will be sending him the $500 deposit this week so if someone else wants it they can give me the $500 back and give him $3,500. I think it is a really good deal for someone closer that can go and get it all home. Still hoping I can pull it off but wanted to throw it out there in case another Mopar guy wants the deal. Let me know,

Ian

Steve P.

Hi Ian, I just sent you a reply to your dilemma.. These guys are ALL right. Loading a body like that IS a huge bitch.. I've done it and it is damn hard.. The casters under that car will NOT get it on a trailer. With some extra gusseting a winch and many good eyes it can be done..

I checked out the car and agree that this (from the description and pics.) is a grreat find.  I wish I had $4k.. Huntsville is 750 miles from me.. I'd have it home tomorrow!!  Hahaha........ 

Thanks to Ron for the plug..  I'll do what I can to help out... As I type I am waiting for a call on another car coming back this way. If that works out I can REALLLLY help out...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dodgeboy67

i just bougt a 67 charger in portland and had it shipped to indianapolis....costed $950..........a word of advice....dont just look for the cheap guys....pay the extra $$$$....you get what you pay for.....if you want ill pm you of a company not to use