News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY CLASSIC CAR WITH TIM WELBORN

Started by daytonalo, October 28, 2007, 09:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

My classic car with the annoying Dennis Gage, and Tim at his garage

nascarxx29

I met with Tim at carlisle he has some unique wingcars.Me and a friend where asking question details on his 71 charger hemi collection he debuted there .He has the 5000 miles hemi daytona from PA and 999 Vit C daytona and more.Just watched the episode the daytona had a interstate battery.The 71 charger was Sreve S of NJ It was ordered new by a salesman in MD
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

What does Tim do for a living ? I heard once , MUST BE A DRUG DEALER BECAUSE HE HAS SO MANY CARS !!!! That comment was not directed @ Tim !!!!!!! Just one clueless persons comment !!!!!!

nascarxx29

I believe he is a heir to WELLBORN furniture and inheriated big bucks

daytonalo

I knew it , very soft hands !!!!!!!!!

Redbird

If you are curious about Tim Wellborne's business interests, a simple google search would most likely soothe your interest. Tim has been extremely generous to host several wing car national meets. I suspect he's worked pretty hard to get and stay where he is. Simply if you can't be generous and find decent things to say about others in the car hobby, please keep your thoughts to yourself.

pettybird

+1.  tim's efforts for the talladega meets alone are worthy of your admiration, and the fact that he's been in the game since day 1 (the tawny gold hemi '71 was his dad's which he bought new) better command some serious respect.  and he's a hell of a guy.

on a side note, i've seen ads for wellborn furniture on cable up here in cleveland--i thought that was odd.

also, the milsek billboard on the PA turnpike is still alive and well.  three people here will get that reference...

69_500

Tim is far from the type of guy who would have soft hands. His father was the one who started the Welborn cabinet business I believe. I remember going down to Tim's house when I was little with my dad to look at a Superbird he had. At that time he was living in a very tiny house, and working out of a shed in the back. The cars were parked on a concrete slab in the back of the house as well. If I'm also not mistaken he just recently sold the majority share of the company, and is handing over day to day operations in the near future if he hasn't done so already. Defintaley someone who can be admired for hard work and dedication. Not someone who just lucked in the money like he won the lottery or something. Worked hard, and did pretty well with business decisions. Now he is reaping the benifits of hard work.

daytonalo

Redbird , please read my post again Very closely !!!! It was not directed at Tim , but me !!!!!!!!! Sorry to ruffle your feathers Cucake !!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Soft hands, scarred hands, spending daddy's fortune or making his own, it doesn't matter where Tim got his money (assuming it's all legal  ;) .. and I do), the bottom line is that he is a real car guy.  He isn't someone jumping in because it's the fashionable thing to do.  He genuinely loves wing cars and 71 Chargers.

daytonalo

Me too mama , eyes always liked da big wing carz  !!!!!!

69_500

Quote from: daytonalo on October 28, 2007, 07:18:15 PM
Me too mama , eyes always liked da big wing carz !!!!!!

Always as in the last 2 years? Just curious. No bashing just wondering. How long always has been?

rich4406bbl

I spoke with Tim about his collection when he was at Carlisle. I found him to be a personable guy who was pleasant and liked to talk about his cars. He told me that he had been buying them since the 70's and 80's with most of them being bought before the first wave in the musclecar boom.  If we all only had the forsight that he had then!! He also said at that time that if he was starting to collect them now, he couldn't afford to do it, they are too expensive even for him now

daytonalo

I had Mopars starting in 77 !!!!! In fact , when I had mopars , Nascarxx had a Chevy !!!!!!!

hotrod98

I know several guys that bought (and still own) six pack and hemi cars when no one else wanted them. I sold all of my big block matching numbers Chevies in the early 80's since we could no longer get high octane fuel for them and were being told that we would never see high octane fuel again. I took the money and bought a top fuel dragster to replace my funny car. Talk about a bad investment.
Tim was in the right place at the right time with the right idea. Can't fault him for that.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on October 28, 2007, 09:38:53 AM
I knew it , very soft hands !!!!!!!!!

Soft hands with a butt-load of money...... He's a true car guy and although I haven't seen him turn wrenches, I know he has.. This was a car he and his father restored in, I think, the 80's..

I know I know... You tell it like you see it...... But, your vision's fuzzy..........   :nana:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

Sorry , it looked like he had very soft hands !!! My bad !!!!!

nascarxx29

daytonalo
Old Timer

Re: MY CLASSIC CAR WITH TIM WELBORN
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 09:29:10 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had Mopars starting in 77 !!!!! In fact , when I had mopars , Nascarxx had a Chevy !!!!!!!

I had various makes and models of musclecars.Before I got my first  440 superbird in 78-79 .I had already been exposed by my friends dad who had one when I was 13 in my neighborhood.And a friend of the family who bought his superbird in 73..And from there on just kept running into people all over that had them.By supplying parts and working on them.And met more wingcar enthusists by joining the wingcar clubs and attending some meets.Which is where I compiled alot of my info and got my wingcar memorabilia

Howie

I believe that in one edition of mcg there is a writeup about him buying a panther pink charger his wife saw at a mopar meet because it matched her fingernail polish. Wish my wife would let me buy her a muscle car instead of a four banger! But it is her car.

moparstuart

that was a cool my classic car and not only does he have a great collection , what an awesome place and way to display them

he did call that red hemi 71 car they drove a survivor even though it had been completely repainted ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopurr

We had the opportunity to visit with Tim & Pam just this weekend at a show in TN.

They are always so busy at the meet in Talladega working to make sure that everyone has a good time but do seem to try to take a minute to speak to as many people as possible.

They are such  a super nice couple.

Spent part of the day both Friday and Saturday out "Junking" with Pam and also Ann Narramore.  Had a blast!

Even when they are out to the car show they are working, I know that Pam had work calls while we were shopping.

I think it is great that they are able to have all of the collection that they have and more power to them.

I know that on interviews Tim has talked about working on one of the cars with his dad when he got it.  He does not just have these cars in a garage but also gets them out to drive and enjoy them.

For anyone to get to a point in their lives that they have the opportunity to have and enjoy the extras in life, that is great, sadly some people always want to come up with rumor and stories to slight the person that has something the other envy.

So often people are judged by appearance and not by actual knowledge.

69_500

What show were you at in TN? i would have swung down for that one this past weekend. I didn't know there was one that close to here. Heck anything within 10 hours is close by my standards.

Mopurr

We were at The Forge Musclecar Invitational show.

There were a little over 100 cars indoor at the new conventions center in Sevierville, TN.

Several Mopars, this year was for highlighting 6 pak & Hemi cars.  We were an odd duck with a 440.

Nice show with a lot of very nice cars, We had a really nice time.

Musclecar TV & ESPN were filiming on Friday.

Aero cars there:

Our Daytona
Narramores 500-Hemi
Peterson's Talladega
a Limelight Superbird from Mich. I think
a pair of Merc. Spoiler  A Cale & A Dan.
Steve's (can't remember how to spell his last name)  King Cobra & SpoilerII

Tim & Pam had her "Pink" Charger there and 71 Blue Hemi Charger.

Several other mopars and a lot of other nice cars.

Show was Friday & Saturday.

69_500

Ah I did know of that show, but wasn't for sure how many actual Mopars would show up. Love Jerry's 500.

bill440rt

Tim & Pam chose my '70 R/T as their "Celebrity Pick" at Chrysler's @ Carlisle in '06. I got to talk with them for a little bit, they were super nice. He even gave me his phone#, although I never mustered up the courage to actually call him.
Wouldn't mind talking to them again at a car show, if I ever get the chance to meet them again.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce