News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torque converter inputs

Started by 4aThrill, September 30, 2007, 08:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4aThrill

Torque converter inputs on which brand to go with?  As for now I have a TCI converter 2600 to 2800 stall for a 383 4bl, I was told that TCI converters don't last long with mopars if so what's best to go with? But I have no complaints yet I like how it performs and all no problems yet.

:poke:

andy74

i had a tci convertor and was very disappointed,it shit the bed after 1 year!i currently have the mopar performance 175k unit and have been happy with it,although i installed it knowing i would be putting more cam and compresion in the new 440.it all depends on your combonation,dont forget to build accordingly!

jg68

PTC here, i just sent them my TCI 10" that i bought for a song, i was told it only had 3-4 runs on it, it also came with a balloon plate, Kenny comfirmed it was in very good shape & loosened up the stall from 2800 too 3200, i didn't want to trust the converter without knowing, i had a OOTB TCI super streetfighter not line up with the spline, sent it off to TCI & they fixed it, i ended up sending it back to summit :slap:, for me & my personal exsperiances along with good prices & excellent quality, i'll stay with a PTC ;)

4aThrill

oldkimmer

Ive  run TCI forever and have never a problem, just be honest on the application, as 1 size does not fit all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kim........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keepat

I went with www.DynamicConverters.com   :2thumbs:
Pat

Purple440

I just got an A&A Transmission converter and so far so good (1 week).  Nice people, and they asked the right questions.  Not cheap though.

The owner (Rick) races Mopars and only does Chrysler as far as I can tell.  He sent a SFI certified MP flex plate also.  They also have you fill out an engine spec sheet, not sure if others do that.

http://www.aandatrans.com/

g/l

4aThrill

keepat

Quote from: Purple440 on September 30, 2007, 07:13:20 PM
I just got an A&A Transmission converter and so far so good (1 week).  Nice people, and they asked the right questions.  Not cheap though.

The owner (Rick) races Mopars and only does Chrysler as far as I can tell.  He sent a SFI certified MP flex plate also.  They also have you fill out an engine spec sheet, not sure if others do that.

http://www.aandatrans.com/

g/l
Rick at A&A also built my transmission but he used Dynamic for his converters. Check and see if Rick used Dynamic for your converter?
Pat