News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please post some pics of '68 seat backs

Started by bull, August 20, 2007, 12:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Can I please get someone to post some pictures of the backs of their '68 Charger seats? I have new seat covers and old seats but apparently there's a hard back section I'm missing. Can this part be found in reproduction?

keepat

If you taking about the center panel on the back of the front seat? you can order from Legendary Auto Int.
Pat

bull

Yea, that lower center piece that appears to be hard plastic with vinyl over it. Is that what it is or is it pressboard or something?

Thanks for the pics, Pat.

keepat

The original are pressboard but the re-pros I'm sorry to say are heavy cardboard.
Pat

bull

Quote from: keepat on August 20, 2007, 07:29:53 PM
The original are pressboard but the re-pros I'm sorry to say are heavy cardboard.
Pat

Ok, so does the vinyl backing cover come with the board or does it come with the east cover set? I have an '06 Legendary catalogue and it doesn't make it clear.

keepat

I bought a complete interior from Legendary and I think they come with the front seat covers. Note there is some 1/8" foam between the back board and the vinyl you will need as well.
Pat

bull

Ok. One last thing, how do those boards attach to the seat?

Hemidog

there is four hooks on the back of the boards, that you push upwards onto the seat, and then you screw it in place with two screws on the bottom edge

bull

Quote from: Hemidog on August 21, 2007, 03:50:39 AM
there is four hooks on the back of the boards, that you push upwards onto the seat, and then you screw it in place with two screws on the bottom edge

Do they push into the cushion or are there some keepers for the hooks to go into? Sorry for my ingnorance, my seats are not what they're supposed to be and I've never had any correct ones apart. Some pics of someone doing an assembly would help a bunch.

jaak

Hey Bull check out this guys site, he is covering installing seat backs and he came up with a good way to mount them. cool site, BTW this guy is a member here.

Jason

http://www.geocities.com/robertmitchell32000/seatrepair/index.html

bull

Quote from: jaak on August 21, 2007, 09:41:50 PM
Hey Bull check out this guys site, he is covering installing seat backs and he came up with a good way to mount them. cool site, BTW this guy is a member here.

Jason

http://www.geocities.com/robertmitchell32000/seatrepair/index.html

Cool, thanks!

Needa68

Jaak & Bull,

Thanks for the kudos on our web site. We hope the seat information was useful. As you can see the seat backs are not easy to reproduce, but not impossible. Good luck with your project.

There are loads of tips in here that might be valueable to any 68-70 B-Body restorer. Here is the main URL to that site if you have not seen it:

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T Restoration:

www.geocities.com/robertmitchell32000

ALSO check out our 68 CHARGER Restoration BLOG here:

http://geocities.com/robertmitchell32000/CHARGER/TheMitchells68Charger.html
Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

bull

Odd. I was just looking for these seat back on the Legendary site and they don't have them listed. :shruggy:

poppa

I bought a set off egouge a while back and they were thick cardboard .It was from a company called re-pops I think.They came in pairs.I only need one and I haven't even opened them yet.....
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up