News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Commercial during the race

Started by 68chrgrwife, September 16, 2007, 07:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chrgrwife

Hey did anyone see the Dodge commercial in the begining of the race today..it showed the new Chally and a 70 Chally at a stop light side by side..NOW THAT"S HOT!!!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

BigBlackDodge

I saw it too...................looked pretty cool! ;D.................it didn't get enough air time though.... :rotz:

BBD

TruckDriver

I was flipping channels durring the commercials to try to catch some of the Packers game, and when I flipped back to see if the race was on, I caught the end of it. And that was the only time I saw it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger74

Saw it too, it was on plenty of times and certain it will show up hundreds more.   :icon_smile_big:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Troy

I saw it a few times during the football game yesterday. Check out how much bigger the new Challenger is.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

that's what i've been saying since the get go,  it's approx. two inches bigger in every dimension and weighs approx 4,100 lbs..  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Well, it is based on a plain old four door family car, after all.  :D

41husk

It still looks ,sweet.   I am amazed at how long the Charger is.  I drove my Challenger from the body guy to the auto shop at school.  I delt like I was in a kiddie car compared to the Charger.  Good to drive it again, it's been at least 10 years.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Brock Samson

41husk

Thanks, I will need to wait until I get home, U tube is blocked at School :brickwall:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

70charger_boy

I didn't see it, but I know a guy who builds rear ends for gm and chrysler and they are busy building rear ends for the new challenger.  I guess it is a go???

Brock Samson

been a "go" for nearly a yr. now...  :slap:

70charger_boy

68charger383

Here's the commercial in the "lower" of the two video boxes...have to watch it almost to the end since it is shown in the last 18-13 seconds!

http://www.chryslerweblog.com/?p=1347
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

68chrgrwife

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

jackel440

That was awesome.
When Chrysler had the cruz in car show at the kokomo,IN trans. plant there was a couple of concepts there with the new Challenger.I hung out till the end and helped them get the car out of the tent.Let me tell you that car is nothing ,but a freaking monster.The driver got it off the curb and onto the road going back to the transporter.When he got it straight he rolled into it and it got em loose a little and shot off like a rocket. :yesnod:  :D   :D
I so want one now :yesnod:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: jackel440 on September 19, 2007, 04:18:47 PM
That was awesome.
When Chrysler had the cruz in car show at the kokomo,IN trans. plant there was a couple of concepts there with the new Challenger.I hung out till the end and helped them get the car out of the tent.Let me tell you that car is nothing ,but a freaking monster.The driver got it off the curb and onto the road going back to the transporter.When he got it straight he rolled into it and it got em loose a little and shot off like a rocket. :yesnod:  :D   :D

For fifty grand you can own one very soon!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

PocketThunder

I'm still not seeing it in any of the links above... am i blind?  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The70RT

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 19, 2007, 09:07:00 PM
Quote from: jackel440 on September 19, 2007, 04:18:47 PM
That was awesome.

For fifty grand you can own one very soon!

:faint:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 19, 2007, 09:18:20 PM
I'm still not seeing it in any of the links above... am i blind?  :shruggy:

http://www.chryslerweblog.com/?p=1347

click on the 2nd video.  It is at the 17 sec mark

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BEAPARTS

FYI

The Challenger will be stamped and assembled in the Canada assembly plant along with the Charger & 300.  The press line is in, how do I know that? We shipped a 60,000# automated guided vehicle (AGV) to the plant 6 weeks ago we produced at my other company to service the press line.  We also just delivered 9 30,000# capacity trucks to the Twinsburg OH. stamping plant and just received orders for 10 40,000# trucks for the Sterling Heights MI. plant.

Also, my bother-in-law saw the production Challenger in Miami Florida a couple of weeks ago at a gas station being driven by a couple young engineers putting it through its paces.  They had the car covered with, what looked like, white plastic typically used when shipping cars except the Challenger was completely covered with it to hide what it was.