News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good friend in Mopar Muscle

Started by TeeWJay426, September 18, 2007, 12:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeWJay426

One of the Mopar guys I'm friends with in the area and hang with at Carlisle got his car in the latest Mopar Muscle magazine, in the Carlisle coverage article. (Link attached) His is the blue '63 Max Wedge Sport Fury- congrats, Derrick!  :2thumbs:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/eventcoverage/mopp_0708_2007_chryslers_at_carlisle_car_show/index.html
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

TUFCAT

Beautifiul Car!! I saw the Blue Sport Fury Max Wedge close up and personal and it looked geat at Carlisle!! ...in fact it was parked right next to the red one pictured in the "Show pics from NE Dragway" thread

www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33806.msg368254.html#msg368254

Ironicallly,  the "identical twin" of the Red Sport Fury Max Wedge is currently for sale on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170150354249&rd=1

hemi24

Great car it wouldn't happen to be the old Randal Andra max wedge from the Wichita Kansas area it sure looks allot like his old max wedge ?

TeeWJay426

No, although he did buy it in the midwest (Illinois, I think?), and I think Kansas is where it was originally from.... it was a 440 when he bought it, was originally a 383 car. It still has the original selling dealer emblem on the trunk- Marmie's I believe is the name. And I tried to see if it was in the magazine write-up on Carlisle, and couldn't find one (my initial post eroneously said in the magazine.... it was in the website article). Anyone remember what issue had the Carlisle coverage, if any?
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

472 R/T SE

Marmies was a big Mopar dealership in Great Bend, Kansas.  Only town with a 1/4 mile dragstrip in western Kansas as well.

Cool that your buddy made print.  :2thumbs: