News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ford vs. Dodge

Started by Todd Wilson, September 06, 2007, 08:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

71bigblock

I saw a 10 second cummins on youtube once, smoked and I mean smoked the viper off the line.   :drive:
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

bull

Quote from: 71bigblock on September 06, 2007, 10:41:39 PM
I saw a 10 second cummins on youtube once, smoked and I mean smoked the viper off the line.   :drive:

Yea, it's the 2nd youtube link I posted above.

Forza

Holy Jebus thats a sick truck. I'm sure he pisses people off in traficc with all that lovely smoke.

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on September 06, 2007, 11:41:19 PM

i never thought about using NOS on a diesel engine.   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

71bigblock

Quote from: bull on September 06, 2007, 11:41:19 PM

Oops, I didnt watch them all...
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

waroc

:METAL:   HA :smilielol:HA :smilielol:HA :smilielol:HA :smilielol:HA :smilielol:HA :smilielol: !!!!!!!!!!!!    WHAT A PIECE OF @*#&   FORD>>>> Found On the Road Dead !  :punkrocka:  :drive:
M a s s i v e l y  O v e r  P o w e r e d  A n d  R e s p e c t e d

Steve P.

I would like to see a REAL pull off. I mean, all things being equal. BONE STOCK..

Some of these guys were just out having a good time. Others looked like they wanted to brawl. The comments  after video posting sounded like a bunch of crazed chickens in the hen house...

I don't care much for the Ford or Chevy diesels as they have a lousy record of repairs. Cummins also seams to outlast the others by a long shot. Also from asking people that own all these trucks I have learned that the Dodge with Cummins diesel gets much better mileage on average than the others..

What tickles my funny bone is that so many of the comments made were that (the cummins is the reason the dodge smoked the Ford).  Is it?? I don't think so.. Pulling is allot like drag racing. Matter of fact, if the name had not been use allready I think it probably would have been called (DRAG RACING). It's just logical. So we start with out favorite brand: MOPAR , Figure out what body makes the best sense for us. (Availability, cost, likes, parts, ect..). Find a body and start the foundation. Then comes all the real high dollar goodies such as your perfect combo and finish drive train.  My point is that all of this prep work went into a drag car. These trucks were not built for PULL OFFS. If they were they would not have had ROCK CLIMBING TIRES ON THEM!!!!!!!   They would not have been jacked up 6 feet off the ground.

Back to the Ford vs. Dodge thing... Of course we cheer on the MOPAR team. We are mopar people. When I go to the track I alllllllllways cheer on the slant 6 over the nitro blown 700 cubic inch Chevy.. Who wouldn't??  More than likely the slant will lose. BUT... the motor, chassis, drive train, tires, ect, ,,, are not everything. You need a driver that knows what is what and knows the car better than anyone ever could. That's a good grip or a good shoe.. I have sen many, many, many great cars loooooooooooooose badly due to a BAD SHOE.

One of those Vids. showed the brake lights coming on and off and the back wheels driving forward each time he let off. He never spun a tire...  Good example of a good shoe.  He knew what he was doing.. The other trucks, (in my opinion), were not even close to set up for this or had a driver with a clue. 

For this and other books, please log on to:   :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida