News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Made some Progress Today! pics...

Started by BlueSS454, September 15, 2007, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSS454

I got most of the interior installed today.  I dyed all the seats, door panels & pads, then I ran out of dye.  I still need to dye the console, kick panels, 1 door panel, and the headliner trim.  I have the shifter rod I needed coming in next week hopefully then just need to put on the exhaust finish up some wiring, get a fan & shroud on it, run the heater hoses, redo the rear and that should be about it.  I still need some little things parts wise, but I can get those later.  I've been waiting over 2 years to actually drive this car, should be able to by the beginning of October.

Tom Rightler

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger-Bodie

the rear seat looks true Dukes fashion with a 69 top and 68 bottom !! looking good man!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

deputycrawford

1hot68, I saw that too. Almost not noticable. I would leave it that way for conversation for awhile. Looks good. Im jealous. Im still driving mine but it doesn't look that good. You will enjoy it when its done.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

dkn1997

dude, you did a fantasic dye job.  that looks really sweet.   I realy like that tan interior!!  makes me think about dyeing my black 68 interior to tan.  I really cannot get over how nice that is.

pardon my ignorance, but 2 questions; 

1.  did the dukes cars have tan dashpads and gloveboxes, dash padding, etc?

2.  are you going to leave yours black?
RECHRGED

JR

Damn dude that looks good. I'm diggin the tan too.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

BlueSS454

I was wondering who was going to be the first to notice the 69 back and 68 bottom :).  The only reason I left them like that for the time being is that they already had new covers installed and for whatever reason I ended up with 2 68 bottom halves out of the 2 sets of rear seats I had....not sure how that happened  :shruggy:  But for now it's going to stay like that until I can get some new covers for them.

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 16, 2007, 08:29:38 AM
dude, you did a fantasic dye job.  that looks really sweet.   I realy like that tan interior!!  makes me think about dyeing my black 68 interior to tan.  I really cannot get over how nice that is.

pardon my ignorance, but 2 questions; 

1.  did the dukes cars have tan dashpads and gloveboxes, dash padding, etc?

2.  are you going to leave yours black?

The cars in the show did have tan dashes.  I am leaving mine black because I like black dashes and I don't feel like tearing the whole dash out to repaint it again.  I used SEM vinyl and plastic dye for doing all the pieces.  So far I have used 6 cans and am going to need another 1 or 2 in order to finish it up.  The key to having the color change come out nice is to clean the crap out of it with wax and grease remover like that used to wipe a car down before sealer/paint.  Then I did several light coats to get a base down and then layed down some medium coats to get the coverage.  If you dump it on too wet, it will fisheye and look like crap, had to redo a few areas because of that.  It really does look like it has brand new seat covers on on.  The best part is, I've already tested out the durability.  I've sat on them, played with the seats moving them around, layed on them while trimming the carpet and not a single flake came off  :2thumbs:.
Tom Rightler