News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After 8 years, I will be starting a new job

Started by TruckDriver, September 07, 2007, 08:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Whelp. as of the 14th, I will no longer be a quad axle dump truck driver doing road construction & asphalt paving. I got tired of the low hours we been getting, and all the damn rain days this year. So now on the 17th, I will be going to a new company and back to driving a semi pulling dump trailers. The company I'm going to hauls a lot of scrap metal and coal. They also have a few dry bulk tanks. I will be driving one of my favorite trucks too, a Peterbilt 379! They have good health & dental insurance too (something I been without for over 3 years). I get that after my first 30 days there. I should also be making about $200 a week (+ bonuses) more than I have been where I am at now. They run the upper mid-west, but they told me that I will be home full weekends (Friday afternoon til Monday mornings), and I will average 3 nights a week at home too. But never the less, I might be able to meet up with some of you guys in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota and Iowa. After being at the same place now for 8- 1/2 years, I'm a little nervous about starting a new job and routine.  Sometimes they say change is good. I hope they are right. I'd hate to lose 8 years at the old place for nothing.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

Silver R/T

good for you, seems like its working out better than you thouht
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71ChallengeHer

Lowprofile

Glad to hear things are looking up for you Pete!  Full Benifits and a 379'!  Lucky you!  :cheers: :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

mikesbbody

all the best with the new job  :2thumbs: hopefully the extra cash will help get your charger back on the street!

PocketThunder

Good job.  sometimes several years with one company doesnt mean much anymore......
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Todd Wilson

Good for you! Only thing to make it better would be a cab over Freightliner!    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

NHCharger

Congrats Pete, that great. An extra $200/week plus full time employment. Sounds like things are finally turning around for you.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RECHRGD

Health insurance--more money--weekends home--It's all good.  Enjoy!   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

nh_mopar_fan

Congrats. Sounds like a better situation all around.

dukeboy_318

good luck now you can keep that charger of yours too

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

472 R/T SE

Congrats on the new gig.  How did your current employer take it?

Make sure you let enough air out of the seat so you have just enough vision over the dash.  Gotta look cool on your stool in a long nose Pete, Pete.  :coolgleamA:

TruckDriver

Thanks guys!

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 08, 2007, 07:34:11 PM
Congrats on the new gig. How did your current employer take it?

Make sure you let enough air out of the seat so you have just enough vision over the dash. Gotta look cool on your stool in a long nose Pete, Pete. :coolgleamA:

My current employer was suprized I think. Didn't say a whole lot. And I always ride low in the seat :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

skip68

:cheers: :2thumbs:  I'm happy for you.  I hope things work out for you so you can keep your car.   Chuck......
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 08, 2007, 07:34:11 PM

Make sure you let enough air out of the seat so you have just enough vision over the dash.  Gotta look cool on your stool in a long nose Pete, Pete.  :coolgleamA:
Is that what's up? I always assumed there were just a lot of really short truck drivers out there. :smilielol:

Congrats on your new job, I hope things go great for ya! :cheers:
I wish I could find somewhere else to go that didn't want to start me out with a pay cut. :( I'm gonna test the waters again pretty soon, myself.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Vainglory, Esq.

:cheers:  Look me up if you make it to downtown Minneapolis.

leeandgrant

Pete, who are driving for now, mama Fairway???

I just gave up my KW :'( :'( and being gone two to three weeks at a time  :brickwall: for a P.O.S. Freightliner :eek2: and being home every night in my bed here in Wisconsin.

Oh yeah, i am 6' tall standing up but all you can see is the top of my sunglasses  :coolgleamA: when I am jammin gears and checkin out skirts  :nana:
1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1970 440/4speed Super Bee clone Project
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
1977 Plymouth Trailduster
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2009 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT
2000 Dodge dually diesel

TruckDriver

Quote from: leeandgrant on September 11, 2007, 07:03:09 PM
Pete, who are driving for now, mama Fairway???

No, Kruepke Transit out of Jackson. I been driving a quad axle for the past 8 years. I'm going to drive for Hanke Trucking out of slinger.
PETE

derailed

Congrats, hope your new venture works out good  for you.