News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Made it into Hot Rod Magazine!

Started by 471_Magnum, September 15, 2007, 05:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

November issue. Hot Rod Power Tour coverage.

Page 50, top photo, 4th car back.

Also on page 39... sorta. It's the cover page of the story. I'm behind the red '71 Challenger with the Shaker hood. That was in the staging lanes at Great Lakes Drag-A-Way (Union Grove).

By the way, dates for Hot Rod Power Tour 2008 have been published. I've posted them on the calendar:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29892.0.html
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

That only leaves a short time to get that Plymouth sorted out.  ;)

41husk

Congrats man! it's always cool to see your car in print.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

471_Magnum

Next year is still a big question mark.

While the wife and I would like to do it again, she it lobbying hard for a trip to Disney World with the daughter. I don't have enough vacation time to do both.

Not to mention the question of, "what would we drive".
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

pettybird

i haven't bought the issue yet--is my B5 bird in it?

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Ghoste

You know, now that I think about it, there is a photo in the Year One catalog each year that I have always meant to ask you about.  In the current catalog if you look on page 12, at the bottom is a white 69 SE with a 70 bumblebee stripe.  Is it yours?  (or more accurately "was" it?)

471_Magnum

Quote from: Ghoste on September 16, 2007, 11:31:56 AM
You know, now that I think about it, there is a photo in the Year One catalog each year that I have always meant to ask you about. In the current catalog if you look on page 12, at the bottom is a white 69 SE with a 70 bumblebee stripe. Is it yours? (or more accurately "was" it?)

Sure looks like it!

If it is, judging from the license plate, it's from some point before I owned it.

Ghoste

471_Magnum

Quote from: Ghoste on September 16, 2007, 12:06:21 PM
Is it an MO plate?

No. I'm guessing it's either a Michigan or Minnesota plate.

That must be it though. No doubt in my mind. It's got the door edge trim on it, mis-fit on the top center of the back window trim, 15" magnums, and well... there aren't too many white '69 SEs around with '70 R/T strips.

Ghoste

Man, you are like the most famous person I know.  :cheers:

471_Magnum

I'll be available to sign autograph after the show.

471_Magnum

Got my scanner working. Here's the pic from HRM.

71ChallengeHer

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us