News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Great prank pulled by highschool kid

Started by SnoPro440, August 30, 2007, 02:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnoPro440

This is funny as hell.  The link to the video will be at the bottom of the story. 

HILLIARD, Ohio (AP) - A high school student who tricked football fans from a crosstown rival into holding up signs that together spelled out, "We Suck," was suspended for the prank, students said.

Kyle Garchar, a senior at Hilliard Davidson High School in suburban Columbus, said he spent about 20 hours over three days plotting the trick, which was captured on video and posted on the video-sharing Web site YouTube. He said he was inspired by a similar prank pulled by Yale students in 2004, when Harvard fans were duped into holding up cards with the same message.

At the end of the video, Garchar wryly thanks the 800 Hilliard Darby High School supporters who raised the cards at the start of the third quarter during last Friday's football game.

"It couldn't have been done without you," reads the closing frame of the video.

Garchar, 17, created a grid to plan how the message would be spelled out once fans in three sections held up either a black or white piece of construction paper.

Directions left on stadium seats instructed fans to check that the number listed on their papers matched their seat numbers. Darby supporters were told the message would read "Go Darby."

"It was tedious," Garchar said. "I didn't really think it was going to work."

But it did, and everyone at Davidson has been talking it ever since, said Jordan Moore, a junior.

"That was the ultimate in-your-face," he said. "I think it was ingenious."

Davidson Principal John Bandow had told students that he expected them to show sportsmanship at the game, which Darby won 21-10.

Bandow gave Garchar three days of in-school suspension and banned him from extracurricular activities for a semester, the students said. Two Darby students who helped Garchar received the same punishment after the principals from both schools spoke by phone.

Hilliard schools spokeswoman Michelle Wray said she couldn't confirm the punishment because the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act forbids the release of student disciplinary information.

"We weren't expecting it to be such a severe punishment," said Jen Trimmer, 17, one of the students involved. "We just thought it was all in good fun."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M7Y_AkT7PEM
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

2Gunz

Ya punished for that is silly.

Should have got some sort of pat on the back for being creative and having  initiative lol.

PocketThunder

Quote from: mxzx440 on August 30, 2007, 02:34:00 PMHilliard schools spokeswoman Michelle Wray said she couldn't confirm the punishment because the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act forbids the release of student disciplinary information.

Does the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act apply to High School as well?  What good is a spokesperson if she cant do her duties as a spokesperson.

http://ccbcmd.edu/ferpa/index.html
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TheGhost

Suspended for THAT?  You couldn't even read it!
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

John_Kunkel

Ahhh. High school pranks.

There's a video going around of a high school graduation ceremony; the students in caps n gowns are stepping up on stage to get their diplomas as their name is read, the next name called is "Hugh G. Rection" and a young fellow rushes off the stage as the audience cracks up and the lady calling the name's face turns red.   :smilielol:  :smilielol:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69DodgeCharger

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Rocky

bull

What kind of suspension is in-school suspension? That doesn't even make sense. I could see punishing him if there was some property damage or something like that but duping a few hundred people into holding up a piece of paper is nothing but harmless fun.

Seems like the PC Nazis take things way too serious in the public schools these days:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Map, News) - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070830/ap_on_fe_st/odd_tag_banned

ATTLEBORO, Mass. --Tag, you're out!
Officials at the Willett Elementary School in Attleboro have banned playground tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chasing games over concerns about the risk of injury and liability for the school.

Elementary schools in Cheyenne, Wyo., and Spokane, Wash., banned tag at recess this year (2006). A suburban Charleston, S.C., school outlawed all unsupervised contact sports.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/10/18/attleboro_elementary_school_bans_tag/

McMINNVILLE, Oregon (AP) - An Oregon judge dismissed criminal sexual harassment charges against two 13-year-old boys accused of slapping female classmates' bottoms and poking their breasts, ending a six-month-long case that has drawn attention across the United States.

They were originally charged with felony and misdemeanor sex abuse charges in February.
::)

http://channels.aol.ca/news/article.adp?id=20070821075109990013

Silver R/T

that is funny, shouldnt've suspended just cause of the joke
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

susspended? the kid should have been given extra credit or a scholarship.  That took hard work, inteligence and motivation.  We need more high school kids with those atributes.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68chrgrwife

Quote from: bull on August 30, 2007, 07:00:00 PM
What kind of suspension is in-school suspension? That doesn't even make sense. I could see punishing him if there was some property damage or something like that but duping a few hundred people into holding up a piece of paper is nothing but harmless fun.

Seems like the PC Nazis take things way too serious in the public schools these days:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Map, News) - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070830/ap_on_fe_st/odd_tag_banned

ATTLEBORO, Mass. --Tag, you're out!
Officials at the Willett Elementary School in Attleboro have banned playground tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chasing games over concerns about the risk of injury and liability for the school.

Elementary schools in Cheyenne, Wyo., and Spokane, Wash., banned tag at recess this year (2006). A suburban Charleston, S.C., school outlawed all unsupervised contact sports.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/10/18/attleboro_elementary_school_bans_tag/

McMINNVILLE, Oregon (AP) - An Oregon judge dismissed criminal sexual harassment charges against two 13-year-old boys accused of slapping female classmates' bottoms and poking their breasts, ending a six-month-long case that has drawn attention across the United States.

They were originally charged with felony and misdemeanor sex abuse charges in February.
::)

http://channels.aol.ca/news/article.adp?id=20070821075109990013

They also took away dodgeball and wall ball because the little weak kids were getting hurt too much...please and we wonder why the kids are getting sissier and sissier every year
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

PocketThunder

Are kids even allowed to jump rope on the playground anymore?   :shruggy:

When i was in grade school (1980's) we would play tackle football on the blacktop playground in the winter time(which was most of the shool year). :icon_smile_blackeye:  I would get laughed at for wearing my napolean dynamite moon boots to school and bringing my shoes separate, unlike the "cool" kids who wore their shoes in the snow, but when we played football at recess my moon boots proved to be valuable traction.  I only wish i could have caught the ball more with my gloves on, maybe i would have got more game time on Varsity when i was in HS.. hahaha :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bordin34

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 31, 2007, 11:10:17 AM

They also took away dodgeball and wall ball because the little weak kids were getting hurt too much...please and we wonder why the kids are getting sissier and sissier every year
Some kid that was in my class was playing wall ball and broke his wrist. He ran at the wall and forgot to stop. And we have a day when Juniors and Seniors in HS play dodgeball against the 8th graders. The High Schoolers try and throw as hard as they can, it's pretty funny.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

bull

I think what this ultimately teaches kids is to not understand their limits in life and succeed despite them but rather to try to bend the will of society to submit to the activities and concepts that can only be achieved by its weakest members, and to get angry and protest if it doesn't.

Mike DC

At worst, current schools are nothing more than daycare & lockdowns. 

At best, they're 12 years of full-blown $400-toilet-seat bureaucracy. 

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 31, 2007, 02:28:01 PM
Are kids even allowed to jump rope on the playground anymore?   :shruggy:

When i was in grade school (1980's) we would play tackle football on the blacktop playground in the winter time(which was most of the shool year). :icon_smile_blackeye:  I would get laughed at for wearing my napolean dynamite moon boots to school and bringing my shoes separate, unlike the "cool" kids who wore their shoes in the snow, but when we played football at recess my moon boots proved to be valuable traction.  I only wish i could have caught the ball more with my gloves on, maybe i would have got more game time on Varsity when i was in HS.. hahaha :icon_smile_big:

HAHAHAHA! Moon Boots! I wonder if that is only a Minnesota thing. I remember changing my boots in the entry way and heaven forbid you forget your shoes, cause then you had to wear your boots all day and if we had Phy Ed in the gym you had to sit on the side lines and get laughed at. Man We played dodge ball, baseballe with real baseballs and beat the tar out of eachother playing football, and yet we survived, and IMO are better people because of it. I am telling you give it ten more years and they will have the mandated 30 minutes of medicine ball tossing in the Gym and call that Phy Ed.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."