News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boyd Coddington

Started by Magnumcharger, June 27, 2007, 02:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerkwad or the next best thing to sliced bread?

Jerkwad
59 (67.8%)
Jerkwad-like
23 (26.4%)
Seldom a Jerkwad
3 (3.4%)
Never Jerkwad-like
0 (0%)
Sliced bread!
2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: July 17, 2007, 02:54:54 PM

70charger_boy

Quote from: bull on September 02, 2007, 05:19:42 PM
Why do people spend so much time worrying about Foose and Coddington? I think I've seen maybe 30 minutes combined of both their shows. They're soap operas for men. :nana:

You know that there is a couple of openings in his shop.  So put on some high heels, a cute mini skirt and some cherry lipstick.

oh and be sure to shave your legs and armpits :nana:

Dennis

Quote from: hemihead on June 28, 2007, 07:41:01 PM
Him, Foose,and Galen are all in the same league to me. They are all too rich and snobby that they are too far removed from what is really going on in the automotive hobby.They just cater to the money people and the investor types don't even have any clue of how a car is built or how any of it's systems work.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

bull

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 02, 2007, 05:26:07 PM
Why do people spend so much time worrying about Foose and Coddington? I think I've seen maybe 30 minutes combined of both their shows. They're soap operas for men. :nana:

You know that there is a couple of openings in his shop.  So put on some high heels, a cute mini skirt and some cherry lipstick.

I bet you wouldn't miss a single minute of the show if that happened. :yesnod:

70charger_boy

Quote from: bull on September 02, 2007, 06:21:21 PM

:iagree:  and you won't have to work the night shift

bull

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 02, 2007, 06:30:23 PM

:girlfight:

Lowprofile

Quote from: bull on September 02, 2007, 10:47:42 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 02, 2007, 06:30:23 PM

:girlfight:

Alright Ladies, back to your corners!   :D :nana: :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

69DodgeCharger

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

70charger_boy

bill440rt

I will agree, Boyd seems like a tyrant to work for, and his shop is run like a disorganized mess.

I DON'T see what the problem is with Foose. His crew works together like a Swiss watch. He's been cranking out some very impressive cars, much more so than Boyd. Is it any wonder why Boyd's employees have quit to then work for Foose?
It seems like Foose at least genuinely cares a little about his customers. Sorry, I disagree with the position here about Chip Foose.
Rant off...
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

GeneralLeeTESH

LIZ is HOT. Hot enough to work at HOOTERS !!!  :o :yesnod: :cheers:
The TESH

Brock Samson

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on September 03, 2007, 06:01:03 AM
Here's something you Boyd fans may get a chuckle out of.

http://www.nationaltbucketalliance.com/bb2005/detailx.asp?Id=100560

WOW!  :eek2: what a freakin mess!  that post is extremely well written BTW..   :2thumbs:

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: bill440rt on September 03, 2007, 09:15:39 AM
I will agree, Boyd seems like a tyrant to work for, and his shop is run like a disorganized mess.

I DON'T see what the problem is with Foose. His crew works together like a Swiss watch. He's been cranking out some very impressive cars, much more so than Boyd. Is it any wonder why Boyd's employees have quit to then work for Foose?
It seems like Foose at least genuinely cares a little about his customers. Sorry, I disagree with the position here about Chip Foose.
Rant off...

I agree. From what I've ssen and heard of Chip, he is a genuine guy with a lot of skills but he knows how let other people show their skills too.
My opinion is that he is a designer that can get his hands dirty when required.
He can paint, but he's smart enough to hire a guy like Charlie.
He can pinstripe, but he's smart enough to get that old guy to come in and do it for him.
The list goes on... I think. He's not one to sit in the office and bark orders.

Getting the best of the best to work for you requires a genuine respect for them and some humility on your own part.

The skill that is highlighted on the show is his ability to listen to friends and family speak about what their "mark" wants and who their "mark" is in life and to the people around them and turn that into a design reflective of the "mark." I'm pretty sure you can't be an arrogant dickhead and pull that off day after day.

Add to that the fact that he puts in 20 hour days to make an automotive dream come true for someone else, and it's hard to think of him in the same hemisphere as Coddington, let alone the same league. He could easily say, "It'll get done when it gets done and you'll like it." but he doesn't.

gordo1968charger

from what i ve seen:foose has skills,coddington does nt.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

70charger_boy

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on September 03, 2007, 10:20:58 AM
LIZ is HOT. Hot enough to work at HOOTERS !!!  :o :yesnod: :cheers:

Speaking of Hooters :drool5:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33258.msg362423.html#msg362423

I love your cars, Tesh.  Jimmy's bee is freaking hot as hooters wings