News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What're you working on?

Started by Ghoste, July 24, 2005, 12:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

the motor sure is looking sweet. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

psykicpup

just got the headlight we need for the '73 - lucas do a new one that should fit perfect!
Just the MOT to do ...
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

chargermick

I haven't been able to do much to the Charger for the last 6-7 weeks. We are going to Ireland for 10 days in a couple of weeks, and every spare dollar has been going into that. When we get back, I going to get a new radiator and hopefully that will solve my running hot problem. I'm also going to resume my search for a 22" radiator shroud. Until then all I can do is drive it locally, which is better than not being able to drive it at all.

Silver R/T

after the trans is fixed, Ive gotta
do front wilwood brakes
get front lowered, adjust torsion bars
Speed Demon put on/adjusted
body work needs to be done, mainly left quarter replaced, fix rust and hole around rear window, put vinyl top back on, take out engine this winter hopefully and have engine bay painted, put it back in after its rebuilt with better internals. have interior done, dash, headliner, new carpet after floor pan has been refinished, put my finished console back in, seat covers along with new foam for drivers side, package tray, paint whole car. Lots of work and $$ still needed.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charge It!

Just got done changing this gasket, and now she is mechanically OK.

Silver R/T

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 24, 2005, 08:25:50 AM
Building a Blown 440 in my garage═ :devil: It's my buddies motor that ate a cam last year. The motor has been re-machined; and new rods/pistons, bearings, rings and cam/lifters are going into it. The rods are Eagle h-beams, the slugs are Diamond gas ported 7.5:1 custom blower pistons. The cam is a Comp Solid Roller "blower" grind. The heads are ported Bulldog's. The blower is a 671 with two 850dp holley carbs. We're looking for 700-750hp out of this combo.═ :icon_smile_big:

Ron
now thats a project, id probably stuck around if I were closer
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

The Blue Beast

Working mostly on getting some of the extra stuff sold off that I have. The Blue Beast needs a new set of seat covers and a carpet. 

This would be the only 73 Charger R/T in existance. Any questions?

Ghoste

Went for a big shakedown cruise today.  No leaks from the new heater coer and for the first time in a few years, I can warm up the interior with something other than the headers.  Now I just have to fix the bad grounds.

MoparYoungGun

Saving money for a Charger by doing odd jobs here and there (I'm only 14 and can't get hired) as
well as looking for a Charger online and locally. I have also been toying with the '62 Buick Invicta I
currently own. I also plan to clean out/organize our garage in the near future.

Mopar440+6

Other than this stupid summer class and my real job...

- Building a 3/4" square tubing frame for a squirrel-cage blower that I stole out of a junked furnace. (Its cheaper than buying a high flow fan!  :icon_smile_big:)

- Tryin to get some extra parts sold

- Tryin to finish the teardown on the '68
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

amidemon

I've got to finish my total rewiring with a Painless kit.  So far I've mocked up the fuse box and run the major circuits to their attachment points.  Now I need to make connections and wire in the hardware and make sure I don't screw this up big time.  After that I can install my electric fuel pump, new cooling system w/electric fans, and probably do a cam swap since I'm pretty sure the fuel pump eccentric is wiped out.  Then I've got the rear suspension that's been sitting around for about two years to put on and a new B&M shifter to buy/install.  Of course, I need to have the frame reinforced first (pending a future total restoration) so it doesn't snap. :rotz:

Chryco Psycho

Iam working on maybe 30 projects right now , none of them are mine of course

KMPX2

Well I am working on a odd ball project. As some of you know I work at a Chrysler plant. One of the cars we build is the Cirrius. I laid my hands on a 04 model for $750. I am turning it in to a 4dr FWD bracket racer.I know it will never be very fast(I have other cars for that). But just thought it would be cool to do it.

andy74

detailed under the hood,cleanned the undercarriage where the old tranny that blew up left fluid all over the place,havent got enough spare cash for the interior yet,so cleanned and covered what i could!my son flew to florida today to visit my aunt and grandmother,so while the new baby sleeps maybe i can get some stuff done!still need to hang the new bumper,change out the carb back to the 800,and put in the nos taillights i got off e-bay,and install the sun visors,and try to make the all mopar show on sunday-ANDY

RD

this is what i am working on, and to tell you the truth, i dont sheot about them.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

MyMopar

Rebuilding cylinder heads, installing new cam and going fo ra drive, hopefully.

hotrod98

1967 Plymouth GTX

Matching numbers, hemi 4 speed, rust free Arizona car, 881 Regatta Blue / Blue interior.

Total resto.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

mustanghater

Quote from: mustanghater on July 24, 2005, 11:36:37 AM
Quote from: wetfeetmi on July 24, 2005, 07:14:19 AM
Brought this home the other day, but pulled it out of shop and into storage for a later date. I brought the Charger in instead and began the teardown.

how could you

worked on my model for the model show at the nats hope to win first

watch out I'm bringing the trophy home :METAL:
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

MichaelRW

I'm finalizing the restoration on my 70 Charger R/T but will wait until winter to pull out the steering wheel and send it away to have the plastic woodgrain redone and to also send the woodgrain dash for new "wood" and rechroming the plastic gauge surrounds. I chose to skip those items when doing the restoration but now regret it. Everything looks so nice except for those two items. Most people don't even notice, but I do.

In the meantime, have the rear wheel bearings replaced, fix a slow engine leak & determine why the car has a rearend whine.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Old Moparz

Weeds that took over the driveway. Well, some are more than weeds, they're saplings now.
A few different classified ads, (A Pathfinder, a Coronet ragtop & a camping trailer.)  :icon_smile_big:
Plans to get some of Stinger Fiberglass Daytona stuff out of Florida.
A ceiling fan, but not in the car.
Stainless steel brake lines for the Scamp, but I have to wait until the rear end swap is done.

And......

A method for staying awake continuously without feeling tired so I can catch up on the other list.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Slowpoke

Replacing the master cylinder and hoping no other parts go bad on this brake system.
I put Wilwoods on the front 2 years ago and still have not tried them out.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

DarkAngel0816

Let's see.

70 Charger-replaced the U-Joints and front and back brakes.  She stops now!  LOL!

Need to:
Get the K frame or whatever you call it replaced or cap (prefer to replace even though I know it's gonna cost me for that is something I cannot do).

Forgive me for I am new at this...
After that is done then it's:
Radiator recored (having a HARD time finding a replacement...none are fitting well)
oil pan replaced (it is bent and cannot get the plug out)
All new rubber around the windows
Gauges need to be hooked up or something-none are working

Then probably this winter:
New headliner
New dash (have a place here that will replace it, but still make it look like it's original...the one in it is cracked)

In the future:
Body work
New paint
New interior
New rims

And now my Mustang needs a new rear end.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR lol
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

79JON

Well,   Im currently redoing my interior on my 68 Coronet.     I repainted the doors and put a new headliner, and doorpanels in.  I Just completed the dash and now all i need to do is put the carpet in and install the seat covers.

74duster318

I just about all of you are working on your chargers or other mopars...or other classics. I only wish i could do that right now. I don't have one but should have enough dough to get one next year. Right now i am working on my 1990 ranger and fixing it up a bit. I know what you all are think....uhh...it's a ford.... Yeah it's a ford...i like fords. I bought it 5 months ago as a project/daily driver for school and work. Ever since i got it i've been slowly working on it's problems. I am working on the tranny, replacing the clutch and slave cylinder as of right now. But yeah...other than that i have no mopar related things to work on. Although i've been seeing my buddy's 74 cuda go by every once in a while....with it's roaring 500hp 440. Now that car is crazy. Ive been helping them work on it all summer and stuff so that was fun. I'm hoping to get a duster or some other mopar that doesn't cost much and is cheap to start out with. Just a little something to have fun with on the weekends and to cruise with.