News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to find out what size carb i got

Started by charger2fast4u, August 26, 2007, 04:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger2fast4u

i got 2 carburetors one is a holley and the other is a edelbrock how can i find out what size cfm they are

Hot_Rodder

Look at them, and get the carb. casting #'s first. Ask here, I'm sure someone will probably know, or contact the manufacture, and send them the #'s, and they can tell you.... I used to have a complete # listing of every Holley made and there specifics (size/design/what they went on, ect), but it's has took a hike, and don't know where it is now..... ::)

jg68

Just give us the #s on the choke tower for the holley & lower front left corner for the eddy, we can clue you in on what they are :2thumbs:

charger2fast4u

the edelbrock has the numbers 2209 1406 and the holley has 6160-13496

jg68

Quote from: charger2fast4u on August 27, 2007, 10:44:25 AM
the edelbrock has the numbers 2209 1406 and the holley has 6160-13496

The eddys a 600 elec. choke, that holley # is not showing in my book :-\

John_Kunkel

Holley 6160 is from a '72 Chrysler 440 with auto trans.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

jg68

charger2fast4u

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 27, 2007, 05:08:51 PM

Holley 6160 is from a '72 Chrysler 440 with auto trans.

yea my engine is a 440 with a 727 torque flight trans my charger came with a 318 and somewhere down the road they put a 440 in it i been wondering what year my engine was so is my engine made in 1972 also what size holley is it

charger2fast4u

which carb would give me the best performance i think my holley carb is making my engine run like shit runs but not good at all  and stalls out would i be able to use the edelbrock carb on my 440 or would it cause problems

jg68

Quote from: charger2fast4u on August 28, 2007, 07:48:50 PM
which carb would give me the best performance i think my holley carb is making my engine run like shit runs but not good at allĀ  and stalls out would i be able to use the edelbrock carb on my 440 or would it cause problems

I would either rebuild the Holley you have, they are like 650 CFM or get a rebuilt 750 3310 if your on a budget, don't know were you are located, but i can rebuild that holley for you at a very reasonable price, those old factory holleys perform very well, it'll even be tested before shipping, just PM me if your interested ;)

Joe

charger2fast4u

does anyone know what series the edelbrock and holley carbs are and would i be able to use the edelbrock on my engine  im trying to get my engine to run right and i'm almost positive its the carb thats making it run bad

Purple440

Quote from: charger2fast4u on August 30, 2007, 07:47:41 PM
does anyone know what series the edelbrock and holley carbs are and would i be able to use the edelbrock on my engine  im trying to get my engine to run right and i'm almost positive its the carb thats making it run bad

You'll probably have to tune whichever carb you decide on.  Have you tried to tune the Holley after getting your timing set right?

charger2fast4u

i cant even make sure the timing is right because it don't stay running long enough it runs with the gas i put in the carb but stalls after that with both carbs i tried the fuerl pump pumps fuel to the carb could the fuel pump not be running at the right psi and going out maybe