News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

enough is enough

Started by Drache, August 20, 2007, 02:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Well a couple times I've made posts about asshole buyers of items I've sold well here is another one.

I had listed a hand forged japanese katana, signed on the handle by the maker for sale. A guy emailed me interested and offered to trade me straight across for a newer digital camera saying it was worth the same amount. Stupidly I never did any background on the camera and only realize now that I could buy it brand new for about $250 CDN but I didn't mind since I wanted a newer digital than the one I had.

He "bought" the sword without asking a single question or requesting any other images of the sword. I shipped it off and for two weeks never heard back from him nor received the camera and I had paid shipping on the sword. I had told him the sword was only worth about $600 which is what I paid for it and I had it listed for sale at $400. Finally the camera arrived along with my refunded shipping for the sword which was part of the deal.

It's been 2 months since he had the sword and for the past two weeks he's been complaining. He took the sword into an appraiser who without any paperwork (which there wasn't any when I got the blade) couldn't make an accurate guess on how much it's worth and so guess it was worth about $400. So the buyer got back to me mad that I had ripped him off of his $250 camera and shipping charges. He then proceeded to tell me that he must now pay $100 to get a metallurgical test done on the sword to get it properly appraised and wants me to cover that cost.

I had told him that everything in my for sale ad (before he agreed to buy the sword) that it was to the best of my knowledge and what I was told when I bought the blade and he said that was fine. So finally I sent him an email stating that I am not going to cover the cost of the metallurgical test which would test to see what the blade is composed of. I told him that if he wants his camera back I'll be glad to trade him back for the sword but he will once again be covering shipping charges for both items.

I'm getting tired of buyers who expect items to be worth twice what they paid for it after buying it without asking the questions they ask ONLY AFTER receiving the item. So no more will I be selling things online.

:brickwall:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RECHRGD

Well, it sounds like he ripped you off with his $250.00 camera for a $400.00 Katana.  Tell him to send you back $50.00 and call it even. ;D  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Drache

I'm not too worried on the price difference since we both got something we wanted. On a side note his last $10,000 Katana he said was stolen by his girlfriend when she left him and yet he never got it back.  :rotz:

As for getting it back, I've had more calls and emails about that damn sword in the past two months than I have from family or friends. I'm sure I could sell it again in a heartbeat.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dodgecharger-fan

You've got your original ad?
You've got something that says he agreed to the deal?
Do you have any proof that he got what he wanted in the deal? (i.e. You didn't swap it) I'm not accusing here, I'm asking if you have something that backs up that you did what you said you'd do in the deal.

That's the kind of informaiton that you need to say, "I held up my end of the deal. You had every chance to ask for more information. I didn't withhold anything.
If you feel you made a bad deal. I'm sorry that you feel that way. I've learned some things that will help me avoid this situation in the future, but I feel that I did my best to describe what I had to offer and I acted in good faith throughout the process. I don't think it's fair to ask more than that.

Here is what information I have to suppoer my poistion. <list any info you have here>

I have other offers to buy - at my asking price - from other people. I don't feel that what I asked was an unfair price - if it were, I don't think I'd have gotten such a response. The market seems to bear that out based on the interest generated from my ad.

If you feel that you have made a bad deal, it is really up to you to prove that. I hate to be difficult, but you can't expect me to prove it's value at my cost. What if I am right or what if the katana is worth even more? Are you going to pay me the difference and refund the appraisal costs?

I'm not asking that because it seems unfair. Just as you asking me to cover the appraisal costs after the deal was complete seems unfair. "

That, I think, represents a firm stance without getting nasty or ignorant - which really would serve no good purpose.

Good luck!

Drache

I've got almost every single email between us (missing stupidly the first 4 because I thought he was a scammer so I had deleted them), sadly the original ad is no longer up although there is a copy of the ad in other locations. I have stated in three emails that there is no paperwork for the sword and that the ad was created with knowledge the last owner had told to me and I could not verify it.

Why he's appraising a $400 sword is beyond me but he's one of the types that has every single thing in his home appraised for insurance purposes. I told him that I would gladly take the sword back but I would not be covering the shipping costs.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

rav440

where are you selling this stuff at on line ? craigslist ? i doesnt sound like it was ebay . why is he concerned about getting a metallurgical test done to it ? what does he think its a 1000 year old TALADAGA SALAMANGA cold forged rolled over 400 times ?  :icon_smile_big:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Drache

I sell stuff on ebay, craigslist, forums, and in local classifieds. The sword I was told was folded 25 times which is better than no folds but certainly nothing like a 100 folded Katana worth in the thousands of dollars. He either believes this sword to be old (which I told him it was recently made) or the test is to see what the metal is made up of telling where the sword supposedly originally came from (country) and MIGHT be used to track down the owner IF there is a sample to compare it to.

Everytime he talks about getting it appraised he asks me for paperwork and everytime I say there is none he then says he's getting the appraisal done at a later date so I have no idea if he really is getting it appraised or fishing for an answer on if the sword is worth more or less than I sold it for.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

rav440

some people are just real pains in the ass . tell him your sendinding the camera out to get appraised and refurbiched and you expect hime to pay for it  :icon_smile_big:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

dodgecharger-fan

The70RT

It's a no brainer. He wants a 10,000 sword for a 250.00 camera. Tell him to take you to court :lol:...or go F himself.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dkn1997

1 more vote for telling him to go F himself.  Almost forgot, go bang his wife too.
RECHRGED

Drache

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 20, 2007, 10:19:48 PM
1 more vote for telling him to go F himself.  Almost forgot, go bang his wife too.

He's not married, his last girlfriend left and took his supposedly $10,000 Katana with her.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Forza

Bang his ex girlfriend and take that sword and put it on ebay

The70RT

Quote from: Forza on August 21, 2007, 04:01:30 AM
Bang his ex girlfriend and take that sword and put it on ebay

:smilielol: ............then back out on the sale
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nh_mopar_fan

two words:

Hari Kiri

(and I am not talking about the Cubs broadcaster)