News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

detroit locker or truetrac???

Started by gordo1968charger, August 18, 2007, 08:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo1968charger

i m ordering myself a moser s60 axle(complete) do i go with the truetrac or upgrade to the detroit locker???????
thanks
gordo
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

firefighter3931

Quote from: gordo1968charger on August 18, 2007, 08:47:47 AM
i m ordering myself a moser s60 axle(complete) do i go with the truetrac or upgrade to the detroit locker???????
thanks
gordo

There are different style SG units available from Strange ; the base unit is a trac lock which is plenty strong for what you want to do. The power lock is stronger yet and you can order it if you feel like spending the extra dough but at your projected power level it's not really needed. The Detroit Locker is a different SG unit alltogether that doesn't use clutches and are known to be noisy and ratchet/shudder when making turns which can be annoying.

The trac loc is all you really need, inmo.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

gordo1968charger

thanks ron your knowledge is always appreciated.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

gordo1968charger

ron would you go strange over moser??
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

firefighter3931

Quote from: gordo1968charger on August 18, 2007, 09:56:37 AM
ron would you go strange over moser??

Gordo, i have Strange 35 spline axles in my Dana !  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs