News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger with a difference

Started by aussiemuscle, August 17, 2007, 12:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiemuscle

saw this pretty awesome looking E37 Charger on the 'bay. 200142559612

Lowprofile

Man, thats a good looking car!  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bordin34

Looks like an Aussie Charger. Great looking car.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: bordin34 on August 17, 2007, 07:30:49 AM

maybe looks like an aussie Charger because IT IS an aussie charger posted by an AUSSIE, from AUSSIE EBAY ? LOL ;D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

I talked with an older couple from New Zealand at the Nats.   They had an Aussie Charger and were looking for interested parties.  I think they're interesting but I'd never consider it more than a 'it's neat' at a car show.     I know the guy with 2 Falcons (1 is a nice mad max) but basically none of these deals are my cup of joe.

I didn't and don't think those things were worth that BIN price.  135K aussie is still a boatload of $. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bull

I like everything but the grill on those Valiant Chargers. They have all the great styling queues of the late '60s early '70s pony cars.

Drache

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 17, 2007, 10:22:28 AM
I didn't and don't think those things were worth that BIN price.  135K aussie is still a boatload of $. 

$135,000 AUS = $107,000 UDS (Give or take)

That won't include shipping and such. A little too much for just a standard car no matter what country its from.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

tricky lugnuts

It's way the &!@$ out of my price range but those things are absolutely sweet, from everything I've heard -- nice six pack set up for a slant six. (I'd love to have the engine alone -- I agree the looks of the car don't do much for me.)

I read in one of the mags it came out to right around 300 horse and 300 foot pounds of torque -- something like 13s in the quarter. Saw a picture of it on the dyno -- probably famous -- with glowing header tubes.

I would love to have one. Drivers seat on opposite side might screw with my head a bit, though. I think the article said that the Aussie's hate shipping them out of country -- as if the U.S. didn't have enough sweet Chargers already!! (Well, I guess there's never enough, but imagine how they must feel.)

Anyways, if it performs as well as the mag said, I wouldn't want to race it with my stock 440 charger.  :Twocents:

pettyfan43

I'd LOVE to have on eof those! They are COOL little cars.

mikesbbody

I agree with what alot of you guy's say way too expensive, and not my thing I also dont know about the "hemi" on a 6 iether  :shruggy:

Ghoste

At least it's a performance model, remember when they stuck a "Hemi" badge on the hemi headed four cylinders in some of the K-cars?  That was hard to take.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: tricky lugnuts on August 17, 2007, 05:21:55 PM
-- nice six pack set up for a slant six. (I'd love to have the engine alone)
sorry, not a slant six - it is the straight six that come out after the slant, probably a 245cu. the one i had was a 73 model, with revised grille and 265cu six (yes called a hemi, lol). don't forget these things raced against Ford v8s in their day..!

the guys asking price is probably double what the rarest and best Aussie charger is worth. he's a dreamer.  :scratchchin:

dodgecharger-fan

That asking price makes me kick myself in the arse for not buying the Aussie Charger for $8500 about 6 years ago.. I saw it on eBay when I was shopping for my Charger. It was done and running and the seller could get it shipped to LA for a decent price.

Drache

I know in Canada it's not easy to insure a right hand drive car but I cant remember exactly what it entailed.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

41husk

I kinda like the looks of that!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 17, 2007, 09:53:09 AM
Quote from: bordin34 on August 17, 2007, 07:30:49 AM

maybe looks like an aussie Charger because IT IS an aussie charger posted by an AUSSIE, from AUSSIE EBAY ? LOL ;D

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."