News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bonds Is About To Do Something Historic...Does Anyone Care?

Started by Chris G., May 08, 2006, 07:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

I won't argue with the fact of players being over paid, or the fact that $$$$ seems to fix/mend everything. If there is $$$$$ in it, it seems that everyone thinks its okay. As long as it still makes $$$$$ that is.

As far as the whole selling the names to stadiums and such, I don't much care for that whole thing either. It used to be a rarity for a stadium to bear a corporate name, however now I can only think of a handful of stadiums in all the sports that don't bear a corporate name/sponsorship on them.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

DodgeChargerNeeded

Steroids don't make you a better hitter. Bonds is not the nicest person but records are made to be broken.
Jeff

Afflyer

I could care less about baseball and far far less about the "juiced up" Barry Bonds.

I'm a FOOTBALL fan! 

Silly wabbit- baseball is for girls!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Mike DC

Sorry if this has already been covered:

I remember reading an article making the case that Hank Aaron & buddies showed signs of using steroids back in the day too.  Numerous players/teammates who were all acquainted with each other, all having relatively steady stats for years but then showing a steroid-like climb partway through their adult career, etc.

IMHO, Mark McGuire got away with the steroids for a few reasons the Bonds is not.  McGuire has a nice-guy image.  And he was also the first big 'roid-hitter of his kind in this era, so there was less suspicion in general at the time.  (We hadn't seen a whole bunch of smashed records in the last decade yet like we have now to dilute the thrill of it, so it was easier not to mentally attribute all their success to the 'roids alone.)

I live in STL, and McGuire's original record-breaking season was just really thrilling to watch even though we all had our suspicions.  During that season, there was a giddy feeling in the air about the whole thing and it didn't quite seem real that he was gonna break the record for a long time even while he was getting closer & closer to it.  McGuire got away with steroids because he really sold it to us in a nicer package than Bonds.

Barry Bonds is in trouble because he acts like a totally self-interested jerk.  It's not a bias against race, it's just a bias against a**holes.

70charger_boy

Brock Samson

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

The70RT

Looks like his color got lighter too. Did Michael J take steroids? :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson