News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Put my baby in storage just down the street this past week.

Started by Afflyer, August 04, 2007, 10:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

Well, I hated to do this, but it is only temporary- and it's literally half a mile down the road outside my neighborhood.

Considering the fact that we needed to make space in our garage for boxes we continuously fill in order to "declutter" our house and get it ready to sell (we're moving to Clovis, New Mexico towards the end of this year), I had to pull the beloved Orange baby out of her comfy confines of the garage and drive her over to the very local storage facilty. 

I'll have her there for the time being, until we are ready to move out west.  She is safe there with not one, but two locks on the door, plus a security code that you have to enter after hours.  I only wish that the place had residential ownership, where they lived on the premises.  I'd sleep a lot better if that were the case, but it's not.

She's been in my garage as a "hangar queen" pretty much most of the summer, ever since I damaged the front sway bar mounting brackets back in April.  I'm still on the despirate hunt for those buggars and it's kept me from taking the Charger out of the garage and into car shows and show-and-shines this year.  I miss showing her off to the MoPar masses, but I figure the next time I show her will be in Clovis, New Mexico, next summer.

Bradley  :eek2:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Wheels of Terror

Well, they say that distance makes the heart grow fonder. :eek2: :lol: You can visit the Charger anytime.  In new Mexico, there will probably be more opportunities to drive the Charger throughout the year.Possibly car shows in the winter. In Florida we have a lot of shows and cruises during the winter.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

deputycrawford

Would the car be damaged further by driving it? I took my sway bar completely off to drag race it and never put it back on. I have driven it hundreds of miles without it. Just get it out and drive it if you can. You don't have to take every corner at 50MPH. Just take it easy and cruise.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

BrianShaughnessy

Order a real sway bar from Firm Feel.   Comes with new HD brackets and bushings. Then go out and find a windy road.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69Charger_440

And a lot of salvage yards and hidden treasures that are still waiting to be found!!!  I found my other '69 RT/SE in NM!   :coolgleamA:

mikesbbody

sounds pretty safe to me, and it is close to your place good luck with the move  :2thumbs: