News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got a post in the general Q & A I need feedback to

Started by 70charginglizard, August 04, 2007, 01:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Argos_Chargers

Buy a hand held starter that you wire to the neutral safety switch.  That way you can have your head under the hood while you crank it over.  If you have no juice to the distributor, I would expect the coil wire, the coil or ECU.  If you have juice to the distributor, but not the plugs, check your (Cheapest to most expnsive) cap, plugs to see of they are fouled, your pick up in the distributor, the distributor itself and the timing chain.  I've had similar symptoms that were fouled plugs (ran fine one day, wouldn't start the next), and another time it was the timing set.

You say it wants to start...Does it act like it is running when the starter is engaged, but dies as soon as you let go of the key?  If that is the case, check your ballast resistor.

Get that big green beauty back out on the road!

Argo
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

70charginglizard

"You say it wants to start...Does it act like it is running when the starter is engaged, but dies as soon as you let go of the key?  If that is the case, check your ballast resistor."

Yes...Thats exactly the symptom.
but I had two extra ballast resistors and tried to double check on both of them but still have the same problem.

I've got strong spark all the way to the spark plugs. Zapped my neighbor pretty well as he was holding one of the the spark plug wire in his hand when we were checking for spark there at the end of the boots with a screw driver.
70charginglizard