News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone have a measurement

Started by lee, July 25, 2007, 01:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Does anyone have a measurement or a picture of where to put the holes of how the vinyl top chrome goes on the back of the 68 to 70 chargers its the piece that goes staight behind the quarter windows and the check mark any help would be super thanks Lee :scratchchin:

41husk

Probably should try posting this on the body and trim area.  Are you talking about the check mark?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Quote from: lee on July 25, 2007, 01:37:19 AM
Does anyone have a measurement or a picture of where to put the holes of how the vinyl top chrome goes on the back of the 68 to 70 chargers its the piece that goes staight behind the quarter windows and the check mark any help would be super thanks Lee :scratchchin:

Is this the only area you need, or behind the sail panel too? It's the only photo I have on the computer right now, but I can take some close ups later tonight & post them if nobody else has any handy.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

lee

Ya that part and the check mark thanks Lee

lee

I think i;m talking to my self some times

Old Moparz

Quote from: lee on July 27, 2007, 01:29:38 AM
I think i;m talking to my self some times

Oh well, sometimes that happens.  :D

Be patient, I didn't forget. I have a truck in the paper I'm trying to sell & had to field all the questions from all of all the brain surgeons that come out of the woodwork when you place a classified ad.   ::)  That, & the fact I'm busy at work & at home.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bear

this might help:
First off, lay masking tape down where the trim is suppossed to go. The tape will keep the paint from chipping when you drill the holes.
Next, start with the check pieces, hold the check piece on the tape where it is to be installed, and mark where the studs are to go through the panel, then using a 3/16 drill bit drill where you put your three marks.
After drilling holes, test fit to see that it fits ok. Remove the tape on check piece side only, and install speed nuts on the studs and just snug them for now. We will go back and tighten them later.
Then slide the long piece of trim onto the check piece, and lay where it should be installed. the end of the long piece that has the curve cut into it should fit up next to the curve of the drip rail moldings. Hold the trim in place and mark lines on both sides of the trim to make an outline of where the trim is supposed to go.

more to come

bear

and here is the rest:
There should be 5 holes for the clips that attach the trim to the panel, space out evenly and drill holes in the center of the two lines.
After drilling holes, peel the tape off, slide the 5 clips into the trim, and install starting from the check piece forward.

lee

Thank you very much I will save this and do this when I get home I have two go back to work for two weeks in Alberta and thanks again Lee

bear