News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hideaways will not go down when switch is turned off.

Started by davidlclassic, August 01, 2007, 01:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlclassic

I have a 71 se, I have already been through the hideaways opening and closing when the lights are turned on, it was a bad headlight switch, now they will open but will not close. The last time they done this, my brother and I started cleaning electrical connections and they started working again. Why :shruggy: we don't have a clue, they have worked about a month and now they've done it again. Could it be the relay and if so were is it located. Any help would be apreciated :yesnod:
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

Plumcrazy

It could be a problem with the switches in the motor.

Unplug the motor and turn the key on with the headlights off, check to see if you have power in one of the two wires at the motor's electrical connector. If you do the problem's with the motor. If there's no power there then it could be a problem with the relay

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

davidlclassic

Thanks Plumcrazy, I'll try that and get back with you.
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

NHCharger

Relay is located under the bottom edge of the dash next to the ash tray.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

davidlclassic

Thanks for the info nhcharger, I didn't have a clue where it was, but now I have another problem :brickwall: I have got them to open and close, but now when they close the adjustment knob at the bottom of the motor continues to spin, making a terrible noise, I've opened them up and unplugged them until I can find whats wrong :pity: any ideals on this problem. :scratchchin:
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: davidlclassic on August 03, 2007, 11:03:18 AM
Thanks for the info nhcharger, I didn't have a clue where it was, but now I have another problem :brickwall: I have got them to open and close, but now when they close the adjustment knob at the bottom of the motor continues to spin, making a terrible noise, I've opened them up and unplugged them until I can find whats wrong :pity: any ideals on this problem. :scratchchin:

The limit switch that shuts the motor off when the doors are closed is either broken or out of adjustment.  If the knob at the bottom of the motor keeps spinning, then the plastic gear inside the housing at the top of the motor is probably stripped too.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

davidlclassic

Thanks Plumcrazy I guess I've got some work to do over the weekend.
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.