News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

21 second run

Started by dads_69, July 20, 2007, 06:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Quote from: moparguy01 on July 28, 2007, 04:24:18 PM
for the record a roll bar is required at 11.99 and faster. Unless your in a convertible in which case a roll bar is required at 13.49 seconds or quicker. Also keep in mind this is for a vehicle which has the FACTORY floors and frames, with the exception of wheel tubs. if the firewall or floor has been modified, a FULL CAGE is required at 10.99 and quicker. The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ѕ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, and must conform to the NHRA diagram provided in your NHRA rule book.
For a roll cage it is different yet again, The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing and again must conform to the NHRA Diagram.

and any vehicle running slicks must have a driveshaft loop as well.

for the record.

I never said it has roll bar and its NHRA approved car. It is NOT. It is legal to race on friday nights here without NHRA restrictions/helmets, etc.
www.spokaneracewaypark.com
Lots of trash talking from people that don't race themselves
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

I really hope they do not let your car run that fast without at least a roll bar, otherwise they are making us all look bad. If thats the case somebody needs to report them to the NHRA who would pull out of that track faster than you would beleive. We run street legal races as well, but you still have to follow NHRA rules. Our insurance would have a holy shit fit otherwise. I highly doubt that track would do so either. If so I'll call the NHRA myself and tell them about it since thats not safe and not smart, its just a good way to get somebody killed.

Silver R/T

You enter the track and you must realize that it is YOUR responsibility if you crash. Why do they allow street bikes to race, they run 10's all day long, other than helmet there's no other protection for the rider.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

It doesnt matter, once you hit those speeds it is still up to the NHRA to make sure that somebody isnt taking a UNSAFE car on their track. If I'm in the tower and i see even the smallest bit of fluids drip off that car we shut it down and turn it around.

ya know, i'm done with this, you obviously dont know anything about NHRA regulations. Go read the rule book, and maybe we can continue this.

Silver R/T

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 28, 2007, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 28, 2007, 03:17:14 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 28, 2007, 03:01:23 PM
Let's see some time slips to back that up Silver. Yours, not someone else's. As that car sits, there's NO way it's dipping into the 10's.

Why do it tonight? Do you have to find someone that has one? Why not do it now?

I realize it's parked in the driveway and it's a driver so there's no slicks. But I know there's not a sanctioned track in the country that's gonna let you go that fast w/o a rollbar. Plus with your suspension there's no way.
Maybe on paper your car will go that fast but I think you're failing to realize it has to transfer to the pavement.
I'm in no position to bash anyone, it's just you've wrote a check your ass can't cash with your 10 second claim.

what's wrong with my suspension. It is setup perfectly. Of course you're not a mustang expert so you might not know this. What is restricting me is fuel system. I'm saving to upgrade to 50lb injectors and with some more tuning it'll run low 10's without nitrous.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 28, 2007, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 28, 2007, 03:01:23 PM
Let's see some time slips to back that up Silver.  Yours, not someone else's.  As that car sits, there's NO way it's dipping into the 10's.

Why do it tonight?  Do you have to find someone that has one?  Why not do it now?

Nor do I want to be one, hell I'm the first to admit I'm not even a Mopar expert.  According to your cardomain, it's already in the low 10's.  Or are you just making stuff up to try and impress other people, kind of like here?

Never should have doubted you moparguy01, but I just got off the phone with Jim from www.spokaneracewaypark.com.  Absolutely NOBODY runs down their track or any for that matter on a Friday or any night without a firesuit and a rollbar with anything faster than 11.50.  Like Jim says Silver, you think you have a 10 second car.

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 28, 2007, 05:51:57 PM

I never said it has roll bar and its NHRA approved car. It is NOT. It is legal to race on friday nights here without NHRA restrictions/helmets, etc.
www.spokaneracewaypark.com
Lots of trash talking from people that don't race themselves

And as bull pointed out, with the internet age posting any timeslip shouldn't be a problem.  Nevermind, I don't need to see a slip cause I now know you're full of --it.

Again, your alligator mouth has overrun your canary ASS. 

dads_69

Damn, I go for another test drive, and miss all the good stuff,ha-ha. Driving my buds Cobra tonight, I'll take some photos of it, hopefully while driving it as well. The local Dodge dealer has a Lightning, so I couldn't resist, it had issues, so I passed on it.
I'll let the rest of you hammer things out, I'm staying out of this won, hope the end results are positive.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Silver R/T

track has management issues right now. I'm not even going to go into discussion about lawsuit it has going on right now and they're not sure if they will close it or sell it to whomever. This is not up to me to decide who keeps it, sure hope they keep it open as I plan on racing there many more times, including Charger once it's finished. Even if it is 11 sec car, is that too slow for you guys? Or maybe perhaps some of you are just true haters.

Hey mark (dad69) I'm looking forward to those Cobra pics, what year is it? I was so tempted to buy 03 T/T with over 600hp but it was sold before I could get a chance to talk to the owner. They're one sweet rides and it doesn't matter if you're chevy/mopar guy, you can't hate car just because its faster than your daily driver or it's not certain make that you prefer. Give me EVO FQV111, STi, Z06, I'll drive them all as I do not hate a nice handling, fast car.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 28, 2007, 06:34:16 PM

Never should have doubted you moparguy01, but I just got off the phone with Jim from www.spokaneracewaypark.com.  Absolutely NOBODY runs down their track or any for that matter on a Friday or any night without a firesuit and a rollbar with anything faster than 11.50.  Like Jim says Silver, you think you have a 10 second car.

Hey no problem at all, I don't mind being checked up on. See, I knew that what I said would be right. Therefore I didn't worry about it one bit.  :2thumbs:

And also silver if its a 11 second 1/4, thats a HUGE difference from a 10 second to a 11 second 1/4 mile time. going from a 15 second to a 14 second isn't that hard, but once you start getting down in the 12s and faster, getting to that next step gets progressively harder. Sounds like silver has a case of "Fast and the furious-itis" and thinks he has a 10 second car. I've raced a 10 second car. its fast. and the first time you run it scares the shit out of you. well it scared the shit out of me anyways.  :lol:

moparguy01

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 28, 2007, 07:39:17 PM
track has management issues right now. I'm not even going to go into discussion about lawsuit it has going on right now and they're not sure if they will close it or sell it to whomever. This is not up to me to decide who keeps it, sure hope they keep it open as I plan on racing there many more times, including Charger once it's finished. Even if it is 11 sec car, is that too slow for you guys? Or maybe perhaps some of you are just true haters.

just quoted in case he wants to change it.  :nana:

69charger2002

quote from Silver R/T:  "what if I do, what will you do then? talk trash about my Charger or make up something else to bash me on. Chill out kid, I'll scan time slip tonight so you can STFU"

i wanna see too. i believe you silver.. just wanna see for myself. my 12 second car feels FAST, i can't imagine 10's

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

sixpack70

Wow this thread went retarded real fast. Why not get back on topic and who cares whether the car runs 10 seconds or 20 seconds (Geo Metro speed). This thread was about 03/04 cobras. Here is a picture of mine.

1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

dads_69

I took a few photos w/myself in it, just got home and I left the damn cam. at Brads house. I'll get it hopefully tomorrow and upload photos. Nice Cobra also, my buds is red metallic. Didn't drive the car tonight, after the BBQ, we rode dirt bikes about 60 miles, way tired now.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Silver R/T

Quote from: sixpack70 on July 28, 2007, 09:40:07 PM
Wow this thread went retarded real fast. Why not get back on topic and who cares whether the car runs 10 seconds or 20 seconds (Geo Metro speed). This thread was about 03/04 cobras. Here is a picture of mine.

Nice Terminator, what do you have under the hood?

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

sixpack70

Dust, its stock right now. I still need to sell my house, buy a new house to get rid of any financial ties to the ex, then the mods will come. Nothing like those twin turbo terminators you see pushing 800hp. I'm thinking just a ported blower, 6lb pulley (equals about 4lbs here in el paso) full exhaust, cold air and tune. Might need the beefier halfshafts for the IRS but we will see how my friends car runs with the mods hes made to his. I also have to balance between my mach 1 which needs an engine rebuild, and also the charger which i need to start body work on. I have a lot of irons in the fire right now.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Khyron

My mustang runs 10's

minutes that is.... damn straight 6 :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.