News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some days suck

Started by SnoPro440, July 26, 2007, 08:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnoPro440

On the way to work yesterday morning riding with the wife in her SRT-4, the steering wheel starts shaking like mad.  She says "I think one of the tires may be flat".  I was half asleep and said "WTF are you doing still driving on it? Pull over"  I get out and the rear drivers side tire was flat as Paris Hilton and smoking.  Not really a big deal, but this is the 3rd flat tire that she has had in 2 1/2 weeks.  This time, with her driving on it for probably a mile or two, the tire is destroyed. No plug or patch is going to fix this.  I have 4 brand new tires for it at home in the garage.  When we get home I went to grab them and noticed that the oil I had from a few oil changes leaked all over the 3rd stall of my garage.  Again, normally not a big deal but we are in the process of finishing off the basement and most of sh*t from down there is in the garage.  Luckily I had most of it sitting on an extra rubber truck bed mat so the oil only soaked into a few boxes and wrecked a few things.  It took an entire bag of floor dry to soak it up.  And it was only 94 degrees with 90% humidity.  Here is a pic of tire.  I was a little pissed about the oil and didn't bother taking any pic's.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

PocketThunder

D'OH!!!!  That sucks.

We were at a friends house and another friend drives up in his Passat and his front tire has about 5 lbs of air in it.  (he has no mechanical skills)  I tell him to get some air in that tire before you drive another miles and he says, ahh, it will be fine.  I said, no, you are gonna wreck that tire.  So the next time I saw him he said that he did fill it up right away after his wife nagged him about what I said.  He was poking me in the ribs about setting his wife up to nag him but I told him that I saved him from doing what your spouse did.

Did you get that Chager out of the body shop yet?  :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SnoPro440

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 26, 2007, 08:56:47 AM

Did you get that Chager out of the body shop yet?  :popcrn:

I just went to the body shop last Saturday.  It's been primed for the second time and they will block it, prime it again and block it again.  The body work turned out so good that I changed my mind on the color.  I am having them paint it black.  So now the motor is coming out so they can prep that area and paint in black too.  I am hoping to have it back by the end of August.  I am going to go see it again in two days with the motor pulled and I will take some pics and post'em up.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Brock Samson

:popcrn:

:yesnod:

:pity:

we all have days like that..  :eek2:

Charger1973

Look at the positive side of things, at least she didnt destroy the rim too.   :cheers:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Charger1973 on July 26, 2007, 11:29:53 AM
Look at the positive side of things, at least she didnt destroy the rim too.   :cheers:
True dat! :yesnod:
Sounds like you need some run-flat tires. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charger_boy

Dude, that happened to me an hour ago.  90 degrees out had to walk a mile to the store, bought 3 cans of fix a flat.  The hole in my tire was so big when i tried to put air in it i had a white milky streak of fix a flat all over the parking lot.  Life sucks some time, but hey it could always be worse

41husk

It might be fiable, it only looked flat on the bottom :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

SnoPro440

Here are the updated pics of my Charger.  Just took them about 2 hours ago.  Nothing really to see since they just pulled the motor yesterday.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SnoPro440

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 27, 2007, 03:02:22 PM
Loooong wheel studs. :coolgleamA:

Yes they are.  They will be coming off before the new wheels go on, that's for sure.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

PocketThunder

So did they give you a time line to finally get that thing done?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

aifilaw

long wheel studs that extend 1/2" past the wheel are NHRA rules... I hated when they made me put new wheel studs on my charger.

'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads