News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone used this for their ignition?

Started by 69chargerboy, July 25, 2007, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

I already bought the Mopar electronic conversion ignition kit for my 440. Would this be better? It looks to be one complete unit vs. the Mopar version which you need to drill holes to mount the electronic control unit to the firewall. Any suggestions?

http://www.msdignition.com/dist_29.htm
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

keepat

If you are looking for the best proformans go with MSD distribtor and 6AL MSD ignition box. The RPM limiter on the 6AL is a must for any 4 speed car
Pat

firefighter3931

The MP distributor is a descent piece but i'm not a fan of the orange box that comes with the kit. An MSD multi spark box is an excellent upgrade...the engine will idle better and run cleaner.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

my73charger

I noticed Summit is selling a 6AL box with their own label on it now for like half the price of an MSD.  I wonder how good they are.