News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

In need of brakes

Started by avengnce, July 02, 2007, 08:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avengnce

We are looking for the 4 piston calipers for the daytona of my Dads . We can not find any anywhere . You guys know where to get them at? We are hoping to have her on the road in a few weeks!!!

I dont know how to post pics yet . Is there anyway I can email some pics to some one to help post?
68 Coronet 440 w/ 440
69 Daytona w/ 440  ( Dads)

Aero426

Quote from: avengnce on July 02, 2007, 08:57:01 PM
We are looking for the 4 piston calipers for the daytona of my Dads . We can not find any anywhere . You guys know where to get them at? We are hoping to have her on the road in a few weeks!!!

I dont know how to post pics yet . Is there anyway I can email some pics to some one to help post?

Do you have calipers that need to be rebuilt, or no calipers at all?

If you have calipers, they can be sent to White Post Restorations to get sleeved.  Not cheap, but a pretty easy procedure.    They can also supply you with pads which are discontinued from parts stores.

If you don't have calipers, the best option will likely be to upgrade to a 1970 single piston disk brake setup.   The 66-69 four piston calipers are big $$$.     I'm sure someone will chime in on this. 

avengnce

it has calipers now  . He is thinking it would be easier to replace the whole caliper ( all 4 ) rather than rebuilding - We checked into paddock and a few others but no luck yet . Thanks!!!
68 Coronet 440 w/ 440
69 Daytona w/ 440  ( Dads)

Aero426

Quote from: avengnce on July 02, 2007, 09:29:24 PM
it has calipers now  . He is thinking it would be easier to replace the whole caliper ( all 4 ) rather than rebuilding - We checked into paddock and a few others but no luck yet . Thanks!!!

They are not available through Paddock, Year One or any of the other mainstream restoration parts suppliers.   You need to get yours rebuilt or buy rebuilt ones and return yours as cores.

I'd just call these guys and send them the calipers.     www.whitepost.com

White Post Restorations
One Old Car Drive
Post Office Drawer D
White Post, VA 22663
(540) 837-1140
Ask for Billy.   

They advertise a fast turnaround, 2 to 3 days.    They specialize in this and you will get them back as good as new. 

Ghoste

Or better than new.  Most of the rebuild shops sleeve these calipers and eliminate one of their major weaknesses.  They tend to get a little rusty in the bores and hang the pistons up.

BigBlockSam

Quotelittle rusty in the bores and hang the pistons up.

they where notorious for that .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

resq302

If you need some cores, I think I have a couple of them that I can spare.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparchris

If you want to replace the calipers instead of rebuilding( which several places can do great) I believe the calipers that Stainless Steel Brakes sells will bolt on.  I bought some for my 68 hemi charger( to replace the drum brakes) and they seem to be dead nuts to me.  You might want to give them a call and at least ask.  They adverstise in most of the car magazines and they also have a website which would be something like stainlesssteelbrakes.com