News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Garage Floor Coating

Started by 69Chrgr, June 06, 2006, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Chrgr

Does anybody have any suggestions regarding a good garage floor coating/epoxy?

4cruzin

This is pretty good stuff but alittle pricey.         http://www.premiergarage.bz/httpdocs/html/flooring.html

I've used this stuff and works pretty good IMO!   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

NHCharger

After checking out different brands I went with BEHR 1 part Epoxy Acrylic Garage Floor Paint. You can get this at Home Depot. You also have to buy a primer and prime the floor first. When I had my floor poured I had the contractor do a smooth finish but not polish it. If the floor is to smooth you'll have to acid etch it first so the paint will adhere to the concrete. Many guys claim you should acid etch it anyway and warned me that my floor would start peeling with in 6 months and I was setting myself up for a big problem  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:, you know everybody is an expert. So far in 1 1/2 years the floor has not peeled, I drive the Charger's and my 1 ton work van in and out(although not daily) and haven't had any problem with the tires peeling up the floor. So far I am very happy and consider it the best bang for the buck.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nh_mopar_fan

Neal_J

In a pefect world - - - > you where, where I have unlimited time, money, babes and hair on my head - - -> I'd love to do a checkerboard pattern with that epoxy on the garage floor.  Oh, and then "christen" it in with a supermodel.

Dare to dream, fellas....

Neal

mikepmcs

Quote from: Neal_J on June 08, 2006, 02:31:06 PM
In a pefect world - - - > you where, where I have unlimited time, money, babes and hair on my head - - -> I'd love to do a checkerboard pattern with that epoxy on the garage floor.  Oh, and then "christen" it in with a supermodel.

Dare to dream, fellas....

Neal

:smash: :smash: :smilielol: :smilielol:

yeah me too, although my enclosed has a checkerboard floor hmmm..... shows comin up the 25th

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlackDodge

We're moving into a new house soon that has a 2-car garage soon............yeah! :icon_smile_big:

How do these coatings stand up to floor jacks rolling across them? Jack stands..etc?

BBD

hemihead

I don't understand why anyone would waste money on painting a garage floor but I guess that's just me.  :shruggy:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

NHCharger

It's now been 2 1/2 years since I painted my shop floor. No problems with paint peeling, flaking or lifting. I did find however that when you cut plywood on the floor and have the saw set too deep you will have a problem ::)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Old Moparz

Quote from: hemihead on June 30, 2007, 11:44:13 PM
I don't understand why anyone would waste money on painting a garage floor but I guess that's just me.  :shruggy:

No, you're not alone in that idea, I never wanted to paint mine either, but I do like the idea of a lighter color to brighten up the shop. No, it's not an interior decorator's point of view, lol.  :girlfight:  I started to insulate & sheetrock one area of my garage, & after doing that, I realized that the overhead lighting really reflects well off the white walls.

Before I did this area, it was just the bare wood from the framing & reverse side of the exterior plywood sheathing. Very dark & the wood seemed to absorb the light. My floor is a medium gray, but with a ligher shade on it, I'm sure the light will reflect much better & the need for more overhead lighting wouldn't be necessary.

I don't have the time now to empty the garage to paint the floor, but I definitely want to finish insulating & sheetrocking it.

I found this photo, you can't see the detail, but you can see how bright the right, rear corner is where the walls are finished.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

The70RT

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 06, 2006, 10:10:50 PM
This is pretty good stuff but alittle pricey.         http://www.premiergarage.bz/httpdocs/html/flooring.html

I've used this stuff and works pretty good IMO!   :yesnod:

Not bad but it is not impervious to brake fluid or DexCool
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us