News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NO Need for any lube

Started by chargercraig, June 18, 2007, 04:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargercraig

Hey Guys bring a towel cuz she looks hot :coolgleamA:

chargercraig

More pics :METAL:

moparguy01

Looks good, but 2 questions. One, wheres the rest of your radiator support? and two, How'd ya tilt your car sideways? :lol:

chargercraig

Hey moparguy,  Some wackjob with a hacksaw  must have cut it before I bought her.   :eek2:    The sideways Picture I took when Iwas really wasted :smilielol:

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Charger1973

Quote from: chargercraig on June 18, 2007, 11:38:46 PM
Hey moparguy,  Some wackjob with a hacksaw  must have cut it before I bought her.   :eek2:    The sideways Picture I took when Iwas really wasted :smilielol:

Isnt that something that should have been fixed before it was painted?   :scratchchin:

chargercraig

I thought about fixing it but when the radiator is in (which mounts perfectly) you really dont know its missing.  Plus it easyer to work on without it.

Charger1973

Im not trying to pick apart your car or anything, I was just wondering.  I thought that the rad support was one of the structural parts of the car?   :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Charger1973 on June 19, 2007, 03:02:09 PM
Im not trying to pick apart your car or anything, I was just wondering.  I thought that the rad support was one of the structural parts of the car?   :shruggy:

IT IS! it really should be there or atleast bolt something in ther to give it some rigidity.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Chargercraig,
Paint job looks GREAT!!  :2thumbs:  :nixon:  LOVE the color!!  :drool5:

However, I gotta agree with some of the other members here. You DEFINITELY NEED that upper tie bar! It is a structural part of the front inner sheetmetal, & adds rigidity. What's gonna hold the tops of the inner fender aprons together when the unibody flexes under normal driving? The RADIATOR??  :nono:

Please do yourself a favor now while the car is still a rolling shell & get a used replacement welded in. You can always paint just the top bar after it's welded & not disturb too much. Safety is key.  :angel:

:Twocents:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

chargercraig

Thanks for all the in put guys, Really the thing is like your appendix you dont really need it.  :nana:

is_it_EVER_done?

Quote from: chargercraig on June 20, 2007, 02:37:08 PM
Thanks for all the in put guys, Really the thing is like your appendix you dont really need it.  :nana:

If you plan on hot rodding or racing the car you will find out fairly quick just how much support it gives. It is SO MUCH easier to deal with know than it will be when you have 1/2 inch or larger gaps between the front fenders/hood, and have to use a come along to pull everything back to straight.

By the way, the paint looks nice.

70charger_boy

I had a friend who had a roadrunner with no rad support.  I told him he needed to get that fixed.  He said it ran just fine.  Well, the front end flexed so bad that his doors wouldn't open half the time, because the fender dug into his door.  Then the fender bent, the radiator sprung leaks.  It was just awful

Slowpoke

That looks like what I did when i was 19 and stupid, i cut the support to make getting the engine out easier.  :brickwall:
But lucky for me I'm packrat and 10 years latter after my fenders spread over an inch apart i still had the cut piece
in the garage and welded it back in.
So in my opinion yes you should repair the core support.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

plum500

Car looks awesome!  :2thumbs: But... have to agree these things twist alot under power as it is...I'd replace that support...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,28872.0.html

bohog

I had a 71 Chally that the previous owner had cut the core support out of, just like yours. I replaced it with a piece of 1/8 wall alum. rectangular tubing, that I bolted in. It made engine changes alot easier. I sold the car quite awhile ago. I see it every summer around town and at local car shows. He's still got the tubing in place. Never had an issue with it. That's since 1981