News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

our Hemi Daytona MUST be a fake!

Started by pettybird, October 27, 2008, 10:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 28, 2008, 01:16:40 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on October 28, 2008, 05:35:46 AM
Now comes the reason I love living in the South... I can continue to drive and tinker in the garage with the door open.....  :icon_smile_big:

(shakes fist at troy)  you darned kids and your blasted dog!

Kids? Lordy, I'm feeling young now (I'm probably considered an elder-statesman to some, jerk to others..)...............  and keep the dogs off my lawn..............  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on October 28, 2008, 12:27:14 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 28, 2008, 09:57:05 AM
Quote from: pettybird on October 27, 2008, 09:19:47 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on October 27, 2008, 08:51:05 PM
Wow,, who would say she's not original? Like Paul, I guess I missed something............  But, if money's flooding into the market, my '68 Hemi Charger R/T must be worth way more than everyone else is eluding to..  :icon_smile_big:

I love dealers who try to tell me my car's worth beans, but equivalent cars on the showroom floor are worth a lot. Not singling one shop out over another, only the handful of "brokers and dealers" I've talked to about my car.
:scratchchin:

700 G's is a heck of a lot of money........

Good luck on the sale.. In the mean time, there's an awesome car to stare at in the showroom.........

Nuff said........   

Troy,,, the "other" Troy

we're asking silly money for that car.  even Joe knows that.  he likes it, so it stays in silly territory.  besides, no one's made more than a half assed offer on the car...we just keep getting told we're overpriced (thanks.)  he tells me that $650 would take it, but I don't think we've been offered more than 150 for it.  if someone stepped up with a few hundred grand i think the tune would change.  I mean, you'd have to start at $425 just to have him break even.  he'd eat his desk before he lost money on that car. 

we're really only selling MINT cars (no relation to The Cure.)  the 'little guy' is gone thanks to the credit crunch.  so yes, put that thing together and you'll find a buyer.  as it is though it'd be a TOUGH sell at any price.  we get people daily who want to bail on their projects but we have no capacity for them.  we only have three body men and we've got like 8-10 project cars ourselves and 4-6 customer cars. 

whatever keeps me employed, you know?

all this silliness aside, who else is as depressed as I am that the driving season is over?  it's killing me.
well at least your not racking up miles on the car and can enjoy it for years to come in it's season !

If he's got over 400K in it I don't think it is ever gonna be driven  :-\
I was talking about dougs personal wings , not the million dollar hemi car LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 28, 2008, 02:12:05 PM
Now comes the reason I love living in the South... I can continue to drive and tinker in the garage with the door open.....  :icon_smile_big:

Kids? Lordy, I'm feeling young now (I'm probably considered an elder-statesman to some, jerk to others..)...............  and keep the dogs off my lawn..............  :icon_smile_big:

you gotta be old if you didn't catch the Scooby Doo reference!

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 28, 2008, 03:12:11 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on October 28, 2008, 02:12:05 PM

you gotta be old if you didn't catch the Scooby Doo reference!

44 years old, or young, depending on who I talk to.........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

RallyeMike

Reading the Q & A on this auction, it appears that Joe, in denigrating his inquisitors, has classified most of our rides as "turds" (certainly all of mine).

Well, Joe..... I like my drivers. You'll die rich. I'll die with a smile on my face   :nana:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

BigBlockSam

i remember reading  about someone that had a #1 class superbird . he said if he took his car for an hour ride . it would take 5 hours of cleaning to get it rite .  :pity: 
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pettybird

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 28, 2008, 10:21:34 PM
Reading the Q & A on this auction, it appears that Joe, in denigrating his inquisitors, has classified most of our rides as "turds" (certainly all of mine).

Well, Joe..... I like my drivers. You'll die rich. I'll die with a smile on my face   :nana:

the guy shooting off his mouth has history with our company (he sold us a badly misrepresented car and was a pain to deal with.)  we also get a TON of know it alls. 

don't take it personally. 

Magnumcharger

I just read the ebay ad, and this is something I was wondering about:
"Hemi cars came with 10 specific reinforcements (five per side:)  Rear torque boxes, rear leaf spring triangulation plates, front leaf spring hanger sandwich plates (one on each side of the mounting bulkhead) and rocker panel reinforcement rails.  Convertibles added the front plates but deleted the leaf spring parts".

What are rocker panel reinforcement rails?

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

hemi68charger

Quote from: Magnumcharger on October 29, 2008, 05:34:31 PM
I just read the ebay ad, and this is something I was wondering about:
"Hemi cars came with 10 specific reinforcements (five per side:)  Rear torque boxes, rear leaf spring triangulation plates, front leaf spring hanger sandwich plates (one on each side of the mounting bulkhead) and rocker panel reinforcement rails.  Convertibles added the front plates but deleted the leaf spring parts".

What are rocker panel reinforcement rails?

I'm not sure.... and I own an original '68 Hemi Charger R/T...

I know there's the:
1. torque boxes ( 2ea.)
2. leaf spring front hanger reenforcement plates ( 2ea. )
3. gusset plates ( 2ea. )
4. Pinion snubber reenforcement plate...

grand total if I'm not missing anything is 7..

Here are my comparisons of 440 standard frames and 426 Hemi modifications in the torque box/front hanger area..

1. Dana's 440 setup
2. My Hemi '68 box
3. close-up of the leaf spring front hanger reenforcement plate

I know I know, there are water spots from the final washing prior to delivery...  :slap:
Troy

Magnumcharger

Nice pics of the torque boxes!
I sure could have used those when I was making the set for my Charger! (They turned out nice anyway :yesnod:)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

pettybird

there's extra steel that runs down the rockers.  you'd have to cut the car to see them.  that's 2.

you're not counting the two-per-side front leaf spring perch plates.  there's one on either side of the bulkhead.  you're showing the ones IN the boxes, but there are another pair directly touching the hangers.  that's the last two :)

I really did do a bunch of research for this question--I spent nearly an hour.  I do that more frequently than you'd think.  people write us all the time asking for restoration advice, how a particular part is finished on a car, etc.  you'll get blasted if you're out of line but ask in a pleasant way and we're more than happy to oblige.  I wrote that response in a thorough, laid out way to kill further discussion about the car.  i don't like people bashing our wing cars. 

i'd also like to put out a HUGE plug for Frank Badalson--he's a quick shipper, his prices are regularly cheaper than larger outlets, he's great about answering questions or talking you through an order and he knows a TON.  he makes my job a lot easier!

if anyone here has any questions about anything we have feel free to post up, PM or call me. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 29, 2008, 10:29:10 PM
there's extra steel that runs down the rockers.  you'd have to cut the car to see them.  that's 2.

you're not counting the two-per-side front leaf spring perch plates.  there's one on either side of the bulkhead.  you're showing the ones IN the boxes, but there are another pair directly touching the hangers.  that's the last two :)

I really did do a bunch of research for this question--I spent nearly an hour.  I do that more frequently than you'd think.  people write us all the time asking for restoration advice, how a particular part is finished on a car, etc.  you'll get blasted if you're out of line but ask in a pleasant way and we're more than happy to oblige.  I wrote that response in a thorough, laid out way to kill further discussion about the car.  i don't like people bashing our wing cars. 

i'd also like to put out a HUGE plug for Frank Badalson--he's a quick shipper, his prices are regularly cheaper than larger outlets, he's great about answering questions or talking you through an order and he knows a TON.  he makes my job a lot easier!

if anyone here has any questions about anything we have feel free to post up, PM or call me. 

Tada !!!  spot on Doug......... Thanks and yes, there are plates on the hanger side of the attach area... Also, Frank is great.. I've dealt with him numerous times..
Troy