News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which electric fuel pump?

Started by 69Bee, June 17, 2007, 06:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Bee

hey guys, i need input on which electric fuel pump setup i should go with?   should i get a regulator also?  the car will be mostly street with some strip use.  the link to my setup is here......    http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,28996.msg325371.html#msg325371   
i am using a might demon 850 carb.   thanks

firefighter3931

Josh, go with the Mallory 140 gph pump & regulator and run a return line to the tank. The Mallory pumps are efficient and quiet.....i like them. When i upgrade to an electric it will be a Mallory....no question !  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

aifilaw

one more vote for the mallory. Got one that's been running for 3 years in atrocious conditions flawlessly
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

69Bee

thanks guy, got one ordered.... how should i go about setting up the return line?

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69Bee on June 20, 2007, 10:41:59 PM
thanks guy, got one ordered.... how should i go about setting up the return line?

Good call on the pump....you will be happy !  :2thumbs:

You can run the return line paralell to the supply line and plumb it back through the fuel sending unit or you could weld a bung up on the filler neck just above the tank and return it through there. If you're using a 3/8in supply line then use a 3/8in return line. Mak sure you ordered a 3 port regulator which will have provisions for a return line.  ;)

As for the return line ; braided rubber, aluminum or steel will all work fine....avoid using plain rubber as it can be damaged from road debris and start leaking fuel... causing a fire.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69Bee

the pump came with the regulator as a kit, its the return line type too. thanks for all the help !

Charger-Bodie

what would happen if you dont use the return line im just curious how much will it hurt?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Chryco Psycho

if the pump[ cannot bypass internally you have to run a return line or you will burn the pump out