News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What type of dye should I use for the upper door panels?

Started by Mo Power, August 04, 2007, 10:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Power

Well I need to know what would best stay attached to that type of fabricate since it's a smooth texture.Because I just painted my kick panels with a spray can to work on vylon and interior parts and they turned out great. But I'm worried it I try just this paint not actually dying them it will eventually just flake off not matter if it was coated with adhesive paint coating before.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

Recharged68

I just painted most of my soft interior trim and it looks new.  My interior was white (yellowed) and gold originally.  I changed it over to black using SEM products.  Their 800 tech line was great.  They couldn't help me enough.  I called several times.  It is a multi-step process to do it right, but it is worth it.  My vinyl dash, A-pillars, kick panels, etc look showroom and I am told they will last.  Just remember, less is more.  Several thin top coats looks much better than 2 heavy coats.  Good luck!

JimShine

My top choice is SEM. Second choice is Rustoleum vinyl dye (you can get it at most larger home remodelling stores). Both provide a nice texture and the shine is realistic. I am not a fan of Duplicolor or Plastikote dyes. Both tend to be too shiny and feel tacky well after they should have cured.

It is also wise to buy a can of SEM vinyl prep for the best adhesion.