News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Side Panels - Rear seat and door

Started by john108, November 28, 2007, 06:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

Hi
(1968 Charger) Now that I have the rear seat completely out (with some really good help), I am trying to remove the interior side panels.
I have removed all arm rests and window cranks.
I have also removed the two screws on the top section of the rear seat side panels.

All Panels feel tight in place.  I don't know how to proceed without breaking something.
I don't know whether to pry, push, lift, and where to do it.
I hope someone has removed both sets of panels recently and can provide details on how and where, and anything else that needs to come off.
Thank you
John

UFO

The lower panels have clips along the front edge(door opening)as well as being held in place by the trim pce.A narrow puddy knife works good to pry the clips loose.They pull straight out,but use a gentle touch.You will be able to see the clips better with the weathercord(thick rubber at the very front)removed.once clips are loose the panel tilts (bottom out)from under trim pce.
The upper is held in with clips and the two screws you already removed.Pry from the bottom.They just tilt off the support once clips are loose.

john108

Can you remove the upper panel without removing the lower panel first?

UFO