News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need little advise

Started by Lee01, June 11, 2007, 12:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee01

Well since my deal with my yet to own 68 Charger is slowly turning sour :'( , there still hope I put my hand on it, but notting is sure now.

Since i'm looking for a summer blvd cruiser, I came across a 73 Satllite Sebring, 318 auto, original AC, ok shape, need a good paint and body work, still is a daily driver as of today. The price is seem ok at 2500$ cnd and doesn't need any local inspection (which is a pain in qc sometime).

Also since, its for a project, I don't feel like putting too much for the initial purchase.

Would this be a good candidate?
1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring
Details:
-Modified 318 engine (shave head)
-B&M Star shifter
-Rebilt 727 transmission
-TCI Torque converter
-8 3/4 3:91 posi
-Extra heavy-duty leaf springs
Extras:
-Set of headers
-Set of Mopar cop car rims
-Steering column
-Battery charger

We are also including the original owner's manual, repair manual, and service records from 1999-present. We have kept this car in good working condition and it is appraised at $5000. We are asking $2500 firm.*
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

Bob

I would hold off and not be to anxious. Your deal will come around in time. JM2cents.
Bob

Argos_Chargers

You'll beat that poor 318 to death wtih 3.91 gears.  You're going to be running about 4,000 RPM onthe freeway.  Talk about killing your gas mileage!
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Ghoste

If you just want any old summer cruiser, I'd look for something cheap in good shape with air (like a Scamp).  That car has been modified and needs paint and body by their admission.  It's cheap enough but it could easily become one of those cars that siphons money away from getting what you really want.
A 73 Satellite isn't going to carry a big resale either.  Hold out for a Charger.

Lee01

I guess its fair to say that I will work my ass off for the Charger, but its from a divorce thing with cousin of a freind and its already flaming war ....... :-\

They offer it once, several month ago and I said anytime i will pick it up, but haven't spoken to them for a while, no answer on email or phone  :RantExplode:

On one side I want to take advantage of this situation but I dont want to screw it up too --> :icon_smile_blackeye:

I guess i go again in person to make sure the car still is there.....

As for the satellite, its still interesting, i would clone it into a Roadrunner, but then again don't no money pit either.  :scratchchin:
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

BigBlockSam

you can't beat a 2nd gen charger. wait for the deal on the 68
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img