News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well Duh...The fat chipmunk strikes again!!!

Started by Big Lebowski, June 10, 2007, 12:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

...I mean it missed again. Look at all of the Nitro's just sitting on the lots. Thank you (soon to be EX-Chrysler VP) Trevor Creed, "Mr. 4 door Charger" who runs the "design" dept.

From Autoblog...Chrysler execs admit the Nitro is a miss. Well duh, they could have hired me years ago to tell them that...

http://www.spyphotos.autoblog.com/2007/06/08/chrysler-execs-admit-sebring-and-nitro-are-misses/

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

whitehatspecial

Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Ghoste

My wife nearly bought one a month ago.  I liked it well enough on the test drive but it is a confusing a bloated market segment.  Even on the Dodge lot they have too many of those crossover-suvvansmallcarstationwagonwhatthehellisit type of vehicles. :shruggy:
Ole Trev' seems to really like the one vehicle fits all approach doesn't he?
The name Nitro didn't do much for either one of us I should add.

Lurker

i sometimes scratch my head at all the auto manufacterers, for example chevy wants to compete with ford superduty line... so now chevy has made a truck that is almost identical to the superduty, what happened to original thinking.
and i wonder why they haven't figured out that all the excitement caused by the challenger prototype might be because it is one of very few new vehicles that actually has style and lines and doesn't look like an angry kitchen appliance on wheels. i have never bought a new car and prolly never will, but if i went to a lot or 10 looking for something affordable and practical all i have to choose from is a bunch of squarebox's or some disposable little toy with 12 inch tires.
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

68chrgrwife

I actually like the nitro and the new Jeep Patriot...I think they are nice looking vehicles...
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

bull

There's a new rule in car-making that dictates all SUVs must look like school buses.

twenty mike mike

Shakey

Quote from: bull on June 10, 2007, 05:09:37 PM
There's a new rule in car-making that dictates all SUVs must look like school buses.

Which is exactly what they are!   :nana:

deputycrawford

I should try to get pics of all the lots here in Toledo with the Nitros in them. We BUILD them here. They are everywhere. The new Jeep and old Jeep lots are full of them. The old North Town Mall lots are full of them. I swear to you there are tens of thousands of them in Toledo. I am mixed about them and probably,wouldn't buy one myself, but I hope someone starts to like them. I am sick of seeing them everywhere on transport trucks and rail cars trying to hide them.  You should have seen the time a glitch was found in the electrical system that, all of a sudden, thousands of them start to flash their four way flashers for 2 days until they got them all fixed. It looked like christmas with all the flashing lights all night. I laughed my ass off.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

PocketThunder

Is it true that the next re-design for the Ram truck will look similar to the Nitro?   
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

I hope not but given Creeds ideas on styling themes being applied throughout the line, I ain't holding my breath either.

JR

It is a butt ugly vehicle. But I entered to win it at the link on top of the thread. It should be worth enough to pay off my 03 Ferd daily driver at least...

Come on lucky 7's... If I win I just hope no one sees it in my yard while I'm trying to sell it. ;D
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green