News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Problems turning the 440 over.

Started by Khyron, June 14, 2007, 01:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I just got done rerouting all the wiring and cleaning up the compartment. However. the motor will not start now. This is what it does.

After searching the forums I tried several things. The motor will crank when I short the battery to the starter with the screwdriver. so the problem isn't juice. The ballast resistor was getting real hot so I re-did the ground on the battery and now it's acceptable. I connected the neutral safety switch also  :icon_smile_blackeye:

This is what happens. When I turn the key all I get is a "Click" from the dash. Battery is fully charged. systems all fine.

so any ideas?

so sum it up, clicks when I turn the key and doesn't crank, cranks when I short the battry to the starter.  :icon_smile_question:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

beedees

relay? wire from switch to relay :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Khyron

I'm thinking that as well. I bought one and will put it in later tonight :)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

o.k.... it was something stupid. I had to actually replace the reverce lockout switch. it was bad.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Cars cranking. Thanks guys.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Khyron

Quote from: 1hot68 on June 15, 2007, 09:27:54 AM
is it painted and striped yet??

all but the fenders are painted, and no stipe until I sand and buff the car ;)

but it's running like a bear  ;D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

70charger_boy

Looks like you got some serious skills, dude.  That car is looking sweet  :2thumbs: