News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear

Started by ntty1, May 22, 2007, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntty1

how can i tell what kind of  rear i have?  I  took numbers off  the rear 2862805 or 2862605 (i can't tell if the 5th digit is a 6 or 8)  then there  is a 3 digit code# 348 .  It has 10 bolts on the back of the pumpkin cover.  The car I have is a 1969 charger.  I had originally 318 engine.  the owner before me changed the engine to a 340.  The engine is 1972.  I'm not sure if he changed the rear. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

if it has a cover it would be an 8 1/4 rear.....stock on lo-po small block cars

Check here as well...

http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/axle/6.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

LargerCharger383

if its an open rearend (rear whells spin opposite ways while in air) you can estimate it by taking a crayon and making a mark on the rear yoke of the driveshaft that also goes onto the pumpkin.  then have someone turn the wheels one revolution and count the number of times the marks pass each other.  just a rough estimation, and if it's posi (wheels turn same way in air) turn them 2 revolutions.  just gives you a quick estimate.

Charger1973

Sounds like a 8 1/4 to me too.