News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Daytona Photos needed

Started by MoparManJim, May 14, 2007, 05:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: 

:P 

???

:shruggy:

:ahum:

:confused:

:iamwithstupid:

LOL I'm dyin' over here...   :smilielol:

:leaving:

MoparManJim

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 17, 2007, 12:54:39 PM
Jim, I can't make heads or tails of that, sorry.

pettyfan, read it slow man, thats what I was working with at first with the model, I even put a legend up also. that is a map above showing how it was before the fan was even put on. 

Jim

Brock Samson

69bronzeT5

Im trying to build a AMT/ERTL 69 Daytona. It has a green Daytona on the front of the box. It looks like they basically took a General Lee model and added in a wing and nose to the kit. Theres this one weird part to cover up the front bumper spot but it confuses me still. Jim, maybe you can help me figure this out? I attached a pic of the plans were the part is.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

pettyfan43

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 17, 2007, 08:49:11 PM
Im trying to build a AMT/ERTL 69 Daytona. It has a green Daytona on the front of the box. It looks like they basically took a General Lee model and added in a wing and nose to the kit. Theres this one weird part to cover up the front bumper spot but it confuses me still. Jim, maybe you can help me figure this out? I attached a pic of the plans were the part is.

Cody, The way I handled that car, was to build the REVELL car. That AMT car is so screwed up, it won't ever be right. I use those AMT Daytonas to restore old NASCAR Daytona kits.

They aren't good for much else.

pettyfan43

Quote from: MoparManJim on May 17, 2007, 08:37:25 PM

pettyfan, read it slow man, thats what I was working with at first with the model, I even put a legend up also. that is a map above showing how it was before the fan was even put on. 

Jim

Jim, from your map, the radiator is warped?

I have a question, did you clean up all the glue seams on the engine and all the assembly points?

The back side of the water pump/timing needs to be VERY flat, I've had to runa  sanding stick across it before. Check to make sure al that stuff is COMPLETELY together.

Hope this helps, anything I can do let me know.

MoparManJim

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 17, 2007, 09:11:38 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on May 17, 2007, 08:37:25 PM

Jim

Jim, from your map, the radiator is warped?

I have a question, did you clean up all the glue seams on the engine and all the assembly points?

The back side of the water pump/timing needs to be VERY flat, I've had to runa  sanding stick across it before. Check to make sure al that stuff is COMPLETELY together.

Hope this helps, anything I can do let me know.

nope nothing is warped, I also have clean glue lines not glue is showing just for where the dibitor is at though as I had to remove  it and put it back on as I had place it the wrong way. the water pump and everything is okay, I check all that stuff out. the model is about done now. I just did the under neight detailing last night. as I ran e brak cables, gas line, I'm working on the brake lines now. 

If I need any help I'll let ya know bud. thanks for offer so far :) 

Jim