News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hard starting.

Started by CFMopar, May 11, 2007, 04:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

Hey guys my 96 jeep is hard to start sometimes. Their is no specific time persay. I do know it seems to start fine in the morning though. Sometimes after its been running for a while and I let it sit for a bit I guess would be the most common.

Any clues? Its a 96 xj 5spd 4.0
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

CharlieCharger

Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

CFMopar

the timing is controlled by the computer.

It does run on for a bit to when I shut it off. Is it possible that its flooding? When its hard to start if I hold the gas pedal down she'll start otherwise it will sputter and and stall
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Chryco Psycho

sounds more like heat issues make sure the fuel line is not close to the exhaust

deputycrawford

You did not say what Jeep you have. If it's a Cherokee with the 4.0 then they are known to run hot. Also check to see if the fuel return line is letting all of the fuel run back to the tank when shutting down. You might have a valve not keeping the fuel in the hard lines at the injuector area at start up causing it to take time to build fuel pressure. My old patrol Jeep used to do that among other things. It even had an extended idle switch. I left it on all the time.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.