News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A question for the law enforcement members on the board......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, September 05, 2005, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

Good list by suBliMe 69 on common sense driving.   Another suggestion by a former California Highway Patrol Officer is when pulled over at night, always turn on your dome light and keep your hands in sight. This includes everyone in the vehicle. This simple maneuver make the officer breathe a lot easier when he approaches your vehicle. And I agree in always being polite and telling the truth when ask a question by the officer. Except once. I was doing 75 in a '68 Beetle, north of Santa Barbara heading back to Vandenberg Air Force Base (summer job years ago) from Pasadena at 6:00 am on a Monday morning. A single car waay back made me think to ease up a bit...and I was right. He was CHP. After I was pulled over, and after giving him my regs and license, he asked how fast I thought I was going. I told him, honestly, having been told to answer truthfully, 75 MPH. He then told me then that's what he'll write me up for! Doh! At the time I didn't know that 75 was the cutoff speed for not being allowed to go to traffic school. Dumb! Another life lesson.... :icon_smile_sad:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

hemi68charger

Johnny,,,  Are you putting those six pack carbs of mine to good use?...   :laugh:

So, how's yours coming along? Have you ordered a set yet?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Johnny SixPack

Apparently.   ;D :angel:

Almost have the cost of a new set covered.

Need to get with Smitty and see what he found out about those Ford carbs of mine.

See if they really might be worth something.

Anyone with a "63 Tri-Power T-Bird need a full set of carbs?   ??? :yesnod:

Any chance you might make El Dorado next weekend?
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

DarkAngel0816

I went and washed my Mustang yesterday...accidently hit the door locks when I was vacuuming the inside out.  Locked myself out of the car very nicely let me tell you.  Keys were laying on the dash in plain view with my purse and other things.

I ended up calling the local police and the officer that came out was awesome.  He kept joking with me on what a nice place my keys were at and etc.  Very cool guy!  :)
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

PocketThunder

Quote from: Mefirst on September 12, 2005, 01:31:00 AM
-RESPECT MY ATHORATHAAAAA !!!!!!!!!

Cartman:  excuse me sir, do you know how fast you were going?
Kyles Dad:  yes, 35 mph.
Cartman:  do you know what the speed limit is sir?
Kyles Dad:  well, according to that sign right there....... 35 mph.
Cartman: step out of the car please....

:haha:  man i love that show....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

I've only been busted once for speeding.   This isn't to say I don't speed or I don't see cops I just get lucky.   I was driving the Charger down a two lane doing 120mph.   A cop popped over the hill and we passed each other with me still doing 120.   He never even blipped his lights or turned around.   I'm aquainted with the guy and I saw him a couple weeks later.   I asked why he didn't pull me over and he said that I was going so fast I'd probably be home before he got turned around.   Most cops seem to be good guys around here.   Even had one call us at a party saying they were on their way to bust it, but that's another story.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Drache

After all of this I only have one thing to say...

I CANT BELIEVE THEY LET WAKKO CARRY A GUN! :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

I've been shooting since I was a child...I'm a SURGEON with my HK!! I'm pretty mild mannered when I'm working...it's off duty that I'm a nutcase!!!     

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Drache

I've been an avid hunter since I was a child and I was big enough to hold a gun. I started off with my trusty .22 then worked up to a 30-30 lever actioned winchester, 7mm Remington Magnum, and now I'm finally arrived with my .308 Norma Magnum sniper rifle :D! Then of course there are the multiple shotguns along in there for grousse, ducks and geese.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Johnny SixPack

Do they do ride alongs down there, Wakko? ???

Always wanted to do that when I was still in Anchorage. :icon_smile:

Hell, it'd be worth the trip out there to see Wakko in action.   :P
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Wakko

Sure do!  You're supposed to be interested in joining the department or a criminal justice student, but if you're a friend I can hook you up.  Not sure it's worth flying down here just to go for a ride along, but hey, whatever floats your boat.  :)   And for the record, that speedo pic is a photoshop.  My old car topped out at 120 (it was governed!) and I haven't had my new car over 100 yet and don't plan on it any time soon. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Johnny SixPack

Maybe see if I can't swing a show or something out there and then the ride along. :cheers:

Lived in Georgia (near Macon) for two years but never made the trip to Florida, so there's another reason.   ;D

Johnny's Herd:

itsbacon

photoshop! i was thinkin you had a slick back crown vic. man, i miss the big fords. my new boss went with the lame impala because it was $500 cheaper per unit on paper. 180 horse v6, front drive, mid size sedan. whats not to like? on a hot day it wont bust 110 wtfo.

Paul G

From first hand experience politeness helps. A couple of years ago my son and I went out for dinner. After we had dinner I drove down the road to the interstate just to go from one exit to the next. A quick run up to around 90 MPH or so. We were in a Corvette convertible. Lets say I had the car going a little faster than it should have been and I was still on the entrance ramp. It is a long ramp.   As we get to the end of the entrance ramp entering the highway there is a County Mounty there in the right lane I just blew by. OH SH!T. Here we go, he pulled right behind me with the lights on. So I pull over. He gets out. He asked the usual questions, I explained that we just had dinner and wanted to run from this exit to the next on the way home. I apologized for going so fast. He was very nice about it. He went back to check me out, then came back and handed me back my license and told me to slow down. Gave me a little warning on the dangers of speeding and that was it.

So for all of you men in blue let me say this.

I am an electrician. No one shoots at me. No one takes a swing at me during my normal work day. I do not have to inform people that because of something "they" did I have to ruin there day. I do not have to take drunks to jail. I do not have to investigate gory crash scenes. I am glad I am not a police officer. Those who are deserve ten times more compensation than we pay them.

I am an electrician. If I catch 220 volts AC between my fingers in the morning I am not going to be in too good of a mood for the next person I encounter. Police officers have this situation happen to them to. They are human, but must try to be professional at all times, but they are still human so give them a break right from the beginning and maybe you will get one in return.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Lowprofile

Very well said.

In my job, I deal with Police almost daily. 99% of the time , the officers are professional and courteous. But as we all know, as in all professions, there's always that 1%....I've had nose to nose arguments with DOT officers who have tried to intimadate me. When I know I'm right, I just won't back down. I've been in the back seat a few times, had the bracelets on, and took the pinch. The company I work for has paid for lawyers to fight the few bogus charges [all DOT related] and has had them all dismissed or reduced. For that 1%, I will respect the badge, but not the putz wearing it. To the 99% out there, you have my utmost respect. Thank You for being professional and treating me as a professional.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL